Junior IT Systems Specialist
Orlando International Airport - Full Time
Join Our Team
ServiceTec International Services Inc. (SASI) specializes exclusively in the provision of Managed IT Services to the world’s airport and airline industries, and have been doing so since 1989. We operate globally with headquarters in the UK and the USA, and offices in Canada, The Netherlands, Norway and Japan. We partner with airports and airlines of all sizes to manage, maintain, monitor and support business and mission critical IT systems.
Position Title: Junior IT Systems Specialist
Reporting Line: Senior IT Systems Support Specialist
Ever wanted to know more about working at an airport? Here is your chance to find out as ServiceTec, the leading independent provider of managed IT services to the aviation industry has an opportunity for a Junior IT Systems Specialist to join our team at Orlando International Airport. If you are looking for an exciting challenge whereby no two days are the same, then this position may be for you. Further information on this role is detailed below:
FLSA Status and Hours:
This is a full time, salaried, non-exempt position with great hours: 10 hours rotational shift (4 days a week). Salary and benefits information will be provided should you be selected for an interview.
The individual selected for this role will provide technical assistance to users of personal computers, networks, servers, portable devices, and peripheral devices to include maintaining and troubleshooting operations and communications hardware and applications and/or
system software and peripheral devices in a predominantly Microsoft Windows environment with minor Apple OSX and iOS requirements. Provide support during regularly scheduled hours as part of the 24x7 Rotational coverage.
- Excellent healthcare benefits: Medical and Dental
- 401K including an employer match
- Paid time-off and sickness leave
- Paid Military Leave
ServiceTec is the world’s leading independent provider of managed IT services for airports and airlines. We have offered world-class support for IT systems at airports since 1989. With multiple bases in North America and Europe, we have an unsurpassed reputation for the maintenance and support of business- critical systems across the entire airport infrastructure.
Our genuinely outstanding level of service has been demonstrated by the systematic extension, re-award and expansion of multiple existing contracts with clients across North America and Europe. This unrivaled approach has enabled ServiceTec to achieve and maintain its objective of developing strong, sustained and beneficial partnerships with airports and airlines throughout the world.
ServiceTec is a people-oriented company. We value our employees, believing they should be treated fairly, with courtesy and respect.
We believe people work better when they feel supported and know that there is a team behind them. We nurture talent and our philosophy is to promote from within.
We consistently recognize those employees who go "above and beyond.”
- Client Interaction: regularly interact with GOAA customers.
- Performs installation, configuration, relocation and support of the Authority’s computer equipment and workstation software.
- Documentation and Reporting: provides assistance by working in close contact with the vendors and clients. Must ensure their knowledge base is current and accurate and all technical issues must be tracked and documented in a detailed format.
- Track all issues. Jr. IT Systems Specialist must carefully track and comment all issues and resolution in detail within Service Now.
- Troubleshoot problems that impacts the IT services. Jr. IT Systems Specialist works to triage or troubleshoot the problem if possible.
- Responsible for the timely completion of assigned incidents and tasks.
- Experience managing, supporting and deploying network infrastructures.
- Ability to diagnose server or network alerts, events or issues. 5.9 Understanding of common information architecture frameworks.
- Receives user Service Desk calls, documents users’ requests, and provides telephone assistance for troubleshooting, installation and configuration of the Authority’s computers and software.
- Provide first level VoIP and Mobile device support.
- Provide first line support; escalates more complex problems to a second level resource. Working knowledge of virtualization technologies – VMware ESX, Hyper-V, storage devices. Produce training material as needed.
- Assign users and computers to proper groups in Active Directory.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Personnel Reporting: Submit Time Sheets, Expense claims and all other forms correctly completed and within any stated deadlines.
- Site Reporting: Correctly complete and maintain the records for the site. All records are to be completed before the shift finishes its work period.
- The following is a minimum list of records;
- Incident Log
- P.M. Log
- Including any new Log requirements
Education and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma and four (4) years of relevant experience or an Associate or higher degree from an accredited college or university in data processing/information systems preferred.
- CompTIA A+, Network+, MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional).
- Additional IT certifications that distinguish skill set on security, Cisco, VMware.
- Knowledge of MS Windows and Windows based software required.
- Thorough knowledge of computer hardware diagnostics and repair required.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written skills.
- Possess excellent customer interaction skills.
- Must be a self-motivated individual who can perform with minimal direction, using sound judgment and creativity in solving highly complex technical problems.
- Must possess the ability to work in a stressful environment and use professional etiquette when dealing with Authority personnel and outside vendors.
- Experience and proficiency with the following applications and devices: Microsoft Windows 7, Microsoft Windows 10, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook including calendaring, contacts, PST files, rules wizard and delegate rights, Adobe, Smartphone devices, VPN, Network Printers (HP).
- Understanding and working knowledge of TCP/IP and Multicast technologies.
- Working knowledge and understanding of Active Directory.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License.
Function holder’s minimum physical attributes should include:
- Independent mobility throughout work locations, and ability to move unaided from one working level to another, ability to access, unaided, all installed equipment locations, including working at height, when required.
- Ability to negotiate security checkpoints and screening x/ray access points without assistance.
- Visual acuity - ability to interpret and operate customer-owned computer screens and read/write relevant documentation, without the need for special accommodation.
- Ability to carry tools, test equipment and replace equipment (up to 50 lbs), independently and unaided.
- Ability to drive standard vehicles without any requirement for modified controls.
- Maintain up to date knowledge within your technical field. Provide innovative solutions for problems to increase your value to the client.
Care of equipment & safety:
- Must ensure Company equipment is used in alignment with Company policy and is in working condition. Report any missing damaged/faulty items to Site Lead/Manager.
ServiceTec Airport International Services Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will comply with all applicable local, state and federal statutes concerning equal employment opportunity with regard to all employees whether full time, part time, casual, temporary, seasonal or contract.
The Company will not discriminate on grounds of sex, trans-gender status, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, civil partnership status, age, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, disability or on other grounds not prohibited by legislation.
This policy applies to the process of recruitment and selection (both internal and external), promotion, training, conditions of work, pay and benefits and to every other aspect of employment, including general treatment at work and the processes involved in the termination of employment.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Click here to apply
16th July 2021
1 Jeff Fuqua Bivd, Orlando, FL, 32827, US