Airport Systems Support Technician – Part Time
Los Angeles International Airport - Part Time
Join Our Team
ServiceTec International Services Inc. (SASI) specializes exclusively in the provision of Managed IT Services to the world’s airport and airline industries, and have been doing so since 1989. We operate globally with headquarters in the UK and the USA, and offices in Canada, The Netherlands, Norway and Japan. We partner with airports and airlines of all sizes to manage, maintain, monitor and support business and mission critical IT systems.
Position Title: Airport System Support Technician – Part Time
Ever wanted to know more about working at an airport? Here is your chance to find out as ServiceTec, the leading independent provider of managed IT services to the aviation industry has an opportunity for an Airport System Support Technician – Part Time to join our team at Los Angeles International Airport. If you are looking for an exciting challenge whereby no two days are the same, then this position may be for you. Further information on this role is detailed below:
FLSA Status and Hours:
We are hiring for a Part Time System Support Technician role: Saturday and Sunday 7AM to 4:30PM. Salary and benefits information will be provided should you be selected for an Interview.
Overall Job Function:
Responsible for the Company’s day to day activities at Los Angeles International Airport – Tom Bradley International Terminal in meeting its contractual commitments as defined in the Statement of Work. The support technician is to provide technical support for L1, L2 and professional services requirements for On-site Support of the Operation and Passenger Service Support during the project period and to achieve the critical business objectives and importance of having a fully functional eGates for LAWA customer at all times.
ServiceTec is the world’s leading independent provider of managed IT services for airports and airlines. We have offered world-class support for IT systems at airports since 1989. With multiple bases in North America and Europe, we have an unsurpassed reputation for the maintenance and support of business-critical systems across the entire airport infrastructure.
Our genuinely outstanding level of service has been demonstrated by the systematic extension, re-award and expansion of multiple existing contracts with clients across North America and Europe. This unrivaled approach has enabled ServiceTec to achieve and maintain its objective of developing strong, sustained and beneficial partnerships with airports and airlines throughout the world.
ServiceTec is a people-oriented company. We value our employees, believing they should be treated fairly, with courtesy and respect.
We believe people work better when they feel supported and know that there is a team behind them. We nurture talent and our philosophy is to promote from within.
We consistently recognize those employees who go "above and beyond.”
- The Airport System Support Technician will work on location at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) on a part time basis working 20 hours per week, covering the airport boarding gate operation 7 days per week.
- This role will report directly to the Operations Service Manager. Technicians are required to be dedicated to servicing the customer’s equipment, provide corrective and preventive maintenance and strive to meet required SLAs for incident/problem resolution. Monitor applications usage so that they can assist end-users and suggest when additional user training is needed.
- Technicians would remain in the assigned team area and respond to trouble calls. Technicians are the primary contact for trouble tickets. Technicians will have the necessary security clearance to work in any area of the airport where supported equipment is located.
- In most cases technicians are not expected to repair equipment on the spot unless a simple procedure clears the fault. Otherwise, the technician will replace the inoperative equipment with a unit from the spares pool and will maintain appropriate records.
- Technicians are responsible for maintaining the spares inventory and process onsite and offsite repairs.
- You must be at all times well presented in line with company dress code and conduct yourself in a professional manner.
- Responsible for daily incident logging, tracking, resolution, escalation, status, closures and root cause analysis of all incidents/problems.
- Routine system maintenance tasks, applying software fixes/updates and other preventive maintenance tasks to ensure system is working according to the availability requirements.
- Respond to incidents and problem break/fix activities when errors and faults occur in order to restore the equipment operation as quickly as possible.
- Identify the root-cause analysis and resolve faults. Liaise with customer, on site and remotely, and proactively communicate with the Service Delivery Manager, escalating issues and identifying service improvement opportunities.
- Provide on-site early life support.
- Ensure all assigned tasks are responded to/escalated within predefined time constraints thus delivering the best possible level of support.
- Meeting Attendance: Support Technicians will only attend Customer meetings as directed by local Management. Any request from the Customer to the Support Technician for a meeting must be approved by local Management or higher authority prior to that meeting taking place.
- Reporting: Ensure that supervisor or Operations Service Manager are aware of any unusual events that may have an adverse impact on service delivery or the company reputation. Ensure that escalation procedures are adhered to.
- Perform any and all other projects or duties as directed by the Operations Service Manager or his designee.
- Personnel Reporting: Submit Time Sheets, Expense claims and all other forms correctly completed and within any stated deadlines.
- Site Reporting: Correctly complete and maintain the records for the site. All records are to be completed before the shift finishes its work period.
- The following is a minimum list of records;
- Incident Log
- P.M. Log
- Installed equipment inventory
- Spare equipment inventory; Parts inventory; Consumable’s inventory
- Purchase Order Request Log; Goods received Note Log
- Repair History Log
Incident Management Handling:
- Prioritize the first support call for eGates solution. In the event that the eGate is not functioning as expected, and customer or any other relevant party reports the incident, it is ServiceTec responsibility to provide a consistent process to track incidents that ensures:
- Incidents are properly logged
- Incidents are properly routed
- Incident status is accurately reported
- Take actions to restore a failed service as quickly as possible.
- Document all actions.
- Perform root cause analysis when required.
- Assist in the use of supported products.
- Contact other support groups/organizations as required.
- Interface with other systems, networks and operating system environments.
- Route to other levels of support as required.
- Register and classify received incidents or requests, including prioritization of tickets based on information shared.
- Process service requests and keep users informed about status of all incidents.
- Register all analysis, actions, tests and solutions executed during incident analysis.
- If resolved, confirmation of the resolution needs to be registered.
- If no solution is achieved the incident will be transferred to L3 support.
- Customer focus dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements, establish and maintains effective relationships with customer and gain their trust and respect.
- Having the functional, technical knowledge and skills to do daily operational tasks at all level of accomplishment.
- Performs routine eGates maintenance and check-up on daily basis to ensure all eGates are up and running as expected.
- Checking the health of application services related to eGates.
- Perform system administration activities to ensure the smooth operation of applications across multiple platforms.
- Interaction with customers to determine issues, investigate the root-cause, and troubleshoots technical issue.
- Keep all eGates updated with the latest patches both Vision Box and the other Vendors applications.
- Perform any necessary tests for recreation and rectification of production issue.
- Verification of issues via different types of logs available to triage and locate the errors on the system.
Function holder’s minimum qualifications and experience should include:
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals (TCP/IP, HTTP, routing and switching, etc.)
- Hardware diagnostic and repair experience with basic understanding of electrical and electronic components
- Proven experience in the installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of system hardware, desktop support, airline ticketing systems and printers or equivalent systems and hardware.
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, information technology, or related field and/or 2 years equivalent work experience.
- ITIL Foundations training/qualifications advantageous.
- Basic understanding of Information Security principles, security protocols, and Public Key Infrastructure (PKI).
- Experience working in airports is preferred, but not a requirement.
Function holder’s minimum physical attributes should include:
- Independent mobility throughout work locations, and ability to move unaided from one working level to another, ability to access, unaided, all installed equipment locations, including working at height, when required.
- Ability to negotiate security checkpoints and screening x/ray access points without assistance.
- Visual acuity - ability to interpret and operate customer-owned computer screens and read/write relevant documentation, without the need for special accommodation (large print, Braille, voice assisted computer system, or dictation equipment).
- Ability to carry tools, test equipment and replacement equipment (up to 35 lbs), independently and unaided.
- Ability to drive standard vehicles without any requirement for modified controls.
- The Airport Systems Support Technician may from time to time be requested to perform other duties in line with changing requirements of the Company’s business.
ServiceTec Airport International Services Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will comply with all applicable local, state and federal statutes concerning equal employment opportunity with regard to all employees whether full time, part time, casual, temporary, seasonal or contract.
The Company will not discriminate on grounds of sex, trans-gender status, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, civil partnership status, age, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, disability or on other grounds not prohibited by legislation.
This policy applies to the process of recruitment and selection (both internal and external), promotion, training, conditions of work, pay and benefits and to every other aspect of employment, including general treatment at work and the processes involved in the termination of employment.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Click here to apply
25th May 2021
1 World Way, Los Angeles, CA, 90045, US