Join Our Team
ServiceTec specializes exclusively in the provision of Managed IT Services to the world’s airport and airline industries, and have been doing so since 1989. We operate globally with headquarters in the UK and the USA, and offices in Canada, The Netherlands, Norway and Japan. We partner with airports and airlines of all sizes to manage, maintain, monitor and support business and mission critical IT systems.
The Individual selected for this role will provide day to day management/upkeep of existing technology encompassing network and hardware troubleshoot, collection and provision of reports, updates and documentation etc. Must be comfortable working in a Microsoft software environment and is expected to develop outstanding vendor and customer relationships. Must have a flexible schedule and available to work after hours and on weekends.
Minimum requirements include:
- A.A.S, A+.
- Practical experience building, repairing, troubleshooting computers, printers, laptops etc. Certifications may be used for partial substitution of education or experience requirements at the discretion of management.
- Possesses knowledge of and diagnostic abilities with common hardware, software, and networking technologies associated with a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Maintenance of backups as needed.
- Familiar with common physical data cabling.
- Versed in Preventative Maintenance.
- Ability to independently analyze and solve routine computer-related problems. Ability to read a variety of informational literature, directions, instructions, methods and procedures, such as technical manuals, software manuals, product documentation and related materials.
- Work schedules, to include rotating shifts, night shifts, hours of work and days off may be changed at any time at the discretion of the supervisor. The Airport operates on a 24 x 7 x 365 basis.
- Preferred BA in Computer Science.
- Minimum of A.A.S, A+ and related field experience.
- Net+, CCNA, MCP a plus.
- Additional IT certifications that distinguishes skillset helpful.
- Knowledge of industry best practices e.g., ITIL etc., useful.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks on time
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Keen attention to detail
- Able to work successfully in a collaborative team environment
- Strong customer service orientation
- Friendly and personable
- Independent mobility throughout work locations, and ability to move unaided from one working level to another, ability to access, unaided, all installed equipment locations, including working at height, when required
- Ability to negotiate security checkpoints and screening x/ray access points without assistance
- Visual acuity - ability to interpret and operate customer-owned computer screens and read/write relevant documentation, without the need for special accommodation (large print, Braille, voice-assisted computer system, or dictation equipment)
- Ability to carry tools, test equipment and replacement equipment (up to 35 lbs), independently and unaided
- Ability to drive standard vehicles without any requirement for modified controls
- Documented experience in superior customer service delivery.
- Affable, gregarious and self-motivated, able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Strong ability to manage difficult and/or stressful work-related issues and learn quickly.
- Able to establish and maintain good working relationships and communication with executives, decision makers, stakeholders, department heads and end-users regarding pertinent technology activities.
- Aware of airport technology such as WIFI, CUSS, APC, and associated peripherals.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and to make sound decisions in emergency situations.
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- WIFI and Apple products.
- Airport Common Use Environment experience is a plus.
ServiceTec is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will comply with all applicable local, state and federal statutes concerning equal employment opportunity with regard to all employees whether full time, part time, casual, temporary, seasonal or contract.
The Company will not discriminate on grounds of sex, trans-gender status, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, civil partnership status, age, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, disability or on other grounds not prohibited by legislation.
This policy applies to the process of recruitment and selection (both internal and external), promotion, training, conditions of work, pay and benefits and to every other aspect of employment, including general treatment at work and the processes involved in the termination of employment.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Your application will be held on file indefinitely, if you wish to have your personal data removed please follow the instructions in the application acknowledgement email you will receive.
Click here to apply
27th September 2019