The Airport System Support Technician will work on location at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) on a rotational shift pattern working a 40-hour week, covering the airport operation 7 days per week/365 days a year. Additionally, this role will require you to undertake an element of on-call duties and you will need to be available to respond to critical issues 24 x 7, 365 days of the year.
This role will report directly to the LAX Site Manager. Technicians are required to be dedicated to servicing the customer’s equipment, provide corrective and preventive maintenance, consumables replenishment and strive to meet required SLAs for incident/problem resolution. Monitor applications usage so that they can assist end-users and suggest when additional user training is needed.
Technicians would remain in the assigned team area and respond to trouble calls. Technicians are the primary contact for trouble tickets. Technicians will have the necessary security clearance to work in any area of the airport where supported equipment is located. In most cases technicians are not expected to repair equipment on the spot unless a simple procedure clears the fault. Otherwise the technician will replace the inoperative equipment with a unit from the spares pool and will maintain appropriate records.
Technicians are responsible for maintaining the spares inventory and process onsite and offsite repairs. You must be at all times well presented in line with company dress code and conduct yourself in a professional manner.
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, information technology, or related field and/or 2 years equivalent work experience
- Proven experience in supporting Large Area Networks (LAN), servers, switches, CISCO equipment
- Proven experience in the installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of system hardware, desktop support, airline ticketing systems and printers or equivalent systems and hardware
- Knowledge/Certification in the following systems is advantageous:
- Server/domain controller/storage array systems
- Desktops and PC hardware
- Installing/configuring printers
- CISCO systems
- Microsoft Operating Systems
- A+, Net+, MCP certifications preferred
- ITIL Foundations training/qualifications advantageous
- Experience working in airports is preferred, but not a requirement
- Responsible for daily incident logging, tracking, resolution, escalation, status, closures and root cause analysis of all incidents/problems.
- Responsible for daily field survey, visually inspecting the site for issues; walkthrough of all airport systems to ensure all systems are visually monitored for correct operation and report all problems to the service desk.
- Assist the Site Manager in ensuring the successful continued operation of all airport computer hardware and software, including PC's, high profile flight information displays, installations, networking, databases, and operating systems in a highly visible environment on a variety of systems throughout the airport.
- Receive and log problems relating to all airport systems. Perform corrective and preventive maintenance, daily and out of hours work and support as advised by the Site Manager. Preventive maintenance performed includes cleaning inside of millwork, computer equipment and flight information displays. Corrective maintenance includes computer and hardware replacement and repairing.
- Ensure all assigned tasks are responded to/escalated within predefined time constraints thus delivering the best possible level of support.
- Assist the Site Manager as needed in testing and deploying application updates and patches. This also includes application updates and patches throughout all installed airport applications.
- Assist the Site manager in testing and deploying images as needed for deployment and/or replacement as advised.
Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org with CV/resume and cover letter
Posted: 2nd January 2018
Location: 1 World Way, Los Angeles, CA, 90045, US
Employment type: Full time
Hiring organization: ServiceTec