Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport - Remote Position - Full Time
Join Our Team
ServiceTec International Services Inc. (SASI) specializes exclusively in the provision of Managed IT Services to the world’s airport and airline industries, and have been doing so since 1989. We operate globally with headquarters in the UK and the USA, and offices in Canada, The Netherlands, Norway and Japan. We partner with airports and airlines of all sizes to manage, maintain, monitor and support business and mission critical IT systems.
Position Title: Technical Writer
Ever wanted to know more about working at an airport? Here is your chance to find out as ServiceTec, the leading independent provider of managed IT services to the aviation industry has an opportunity for a Technical Writer to join our team at Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport, working remotely. If you are looking for an exciting challenge whereby no two days are the same, then this position may be for you. Further information on this role is detailed below:
This is a full time, salaried, exempt position with great hours: Monday - Friday 08:30 - 17:00 CST. Salary and benefits information will be provided should you be selected for an interview.
Responsible for implementing, reviewing, and modifying Knowledge Base Articles in ServiceNow. This position requires the applicant to be consistent, accurate and act in a professional manner and in accordance to MAC (Metropolitan Airport Commission) standards. This documentation will be used by Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport employees and contractors in the training and support of equipment and services.
ServiceTec is the world’s leading independent provider of managed IT services for airports and airlines. We have offered world-class support for IT systems at airports since 1989. With multiple bases in North America and Europe, we have an unsurpassed reputation for the maintenance and support of business-critical systems across the entire airport infrastructure.
Our genuinely outstanding level of service has been demonstrated by the systematic extension, re-award and expansion of multiple existing contracts with clients across North America and Europe. This unrivaled approach has enabled ServiceTec to achieve and maintain its objective of developing strong, sustained and beneficial partnerships with airports and airlines throughout the world.
ServiceTec is a people-oriented company. We value our employees, believing they should be treated fairly, with courtesy and respect.
We believe people work better when they feel supported and know that there is a team behind them. We nurture talent and our philosophy is to promote from within.
We consistently recognize those employees who go "above and beyond.
- Research, outline, write, and edit new and existing content, working closely with various departments to understand project requirements.
- Independently gather information from subject matter experts to develop, organize, and write procedure manuals, technical specifications, and process documentation.
- Work with development and support leads to identify all documentation repositories, revise and edit, and determine the best solution for data compilation and centralized storage.
- Research, create, and maintain information architecture templates that uphold organizational and legal standards, and allow for easy data migration.
- Develop content in alternative media forms for maximum usability, with a consistent and cohesive voice across all documentation.
- Submit Time Sheets, Expense claims and all other forms correctly completed and within any stated deadlines.
- Attend meetings with internal or external stakeholders to review your work or strategize about new assignments.
- Determine the clearest and most logical way to present information for greatest reader comprehension.
- Generate innovative ideas for content and workflow solutions.
- Meet with subject-matter experts to ensure specialized topics are appropriately addressed.
- Analyze information required for the development or update of policy, procedure and form documentation.
- Review and/or copyedit content developed by other members of the team.
- Perform other duties as directed by MAC (Metropolitan Airport Commission) or ServiceTec.
Bachelor’s degree in English, communication, business administration or 2-5 years of experience as a Writer, particularly creating content for non-technical users about the internet, consumer tech, web publishing or a related field. Familiarity with topic-based writing and structured content in line with the airport operational goals Possess exceptional skills in selecting the appropriate medium for the target audience, such as manuals, online videos and graphics.
- Fluency in technical and Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to pay attention to details.
- Written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to take on new challenges and build on current skills.
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Ability to multi-task and be a self-starter.
- Ability to check all technical material for consistency and accuracy.
- Fluency with ServiceNow and/or Remedyforce cloud-based ITSM software.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, with an eye for prioritization.
- Firm understanding of the systems development life cycle (SDLC).
- Previous software development experience.
- Certification through the Society for Technical Communicators.
- Experience using XML tools to create documentation.
- Dress appropriately for the setting and duties to be performed. In all cases, dress and personal grooming shall comply with the standards set by MSP.
- Must be customer focused and willing to go the extra mile to satisfy the needs of the customer.
- Be diplomatic and understand that as part of the support staff, you may be subject to challenging customers. You must remain professional in these cases.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge within your technical field. Provide innovative solutions for problems to increase your value to the client.
Function holder’s minimum physical attributes should include:
- Independent mobility throughout work locations, and ability to move unaided from one working level to another, ability to access, unaided, all installed equipment locations, including working at height, when required.
- Ability to negotiate security checkpoints and screening x/ray access points without assistance.
- Visual acuity - ability to interpret and operate customer-owned computer screens and read/write relevant documentation, without the need for special accommodation (large print, Braille, voice assisted computer system, or dictation equipment).
- Ability to drive standard vehicles without any requirement for modified controls.
Care of Equipment and Safety:
- Must ensure that all MAC equipment issued to him/her is used correctly and safely, is complete and is in working condition. Report any missing damaged or faulty items to your ServiceTec supervisor.
ServiceTec Airport International Services Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will comply with all applicable local, state and federal statutes concerning equal employment opportunity with regard to all employees whether full time, part time, casual, temporary, seasonal or contract.
The Company will not discriminate on grounds of sex, trans-gender status, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, civil partnership status, age, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, disability or on other grounds not prohibited by legislation.
This policy applies to the process of recruitment and selection (both internal and external), promotion, training, conditions of work, pay and benefits and to every other aspect of employment, including general treatment at work and the processes involved in the termination of employment.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Click here to apply
6th January 2022
7150 Humphrey Drive , Minneapolis, MN, 55450, US