Systems Support Technician
Victoria Int.Airport (YYJ) - Full Time
Join Our Team
ServiceTec International Services Inc. (SASI) specializes exclusively in the provision of Managed IT Services to the world’s airport and airline industries, and have been doing so since 1989. We operate globally with headquarters in the UK and the USA, and offices in Canada, The Netherlands, Norway and Japan. We partner with airports and airlines of all sizes to manage, maintain, monitor and support business and mission critical IT systems.
Status and Hours
This is a permanent part-time position and the hours of work will be weekends only working 2 x 10 hours shifts, covering the site from 03.30 hrs to 20.30 hrs. Salary information will be provided should you be selected for interview.
Ever wanted to know more about working at an airport? Here is your chance to find out as ServiceTec, the leading independent provider of managed IT services to the aviation industry has an opportunity for a part-time Airport Systems Support Technician to join our team at Victoria International Airport. If you are looking for an exciting challenge whereby no two days are the same, then this position may be for you. Further information on this role is detailed below:
ServiceTec is looking for an experienced, highly-skilled, customer service-minded and professional Airport Systems Support Technician.
SASI Airport Services Ltd. (a ServiceTec Group company) specializes exclusively in the provision of Managed IT Services to the World’s airport and airline industries, and have been doing so since 1989. We operate globally with headquarters in the UK and the USA and offices in Canada, Norway, and The Netherlands. We partner with airports and airlines of all sizes to manage, maintain, monitor and support business and mission-critical IT systems. For further information, please visit www.servicetec.com.
ServiceTec is a people-oriented company. We value our employees, believing they should be treated fairly, with courtesy and respect.
We believe people work better when they feel supported and know that there is a team behind them. We nurture talent and our philosophy is to promote from within.
We consistently recognize those employees who go "above and beyond.”
You will be responsible for the Company’s day to day IT Support and Maintenance activities during the weekend which will include incident resolution, root cause analysis, hardware replacement, hardware repair, software troubleshooting, software updates, firmware updates, paper stock replacement, and preventative maintenance on all airport owned equipment. Interacting with the Airport Authority and airline agents on a daily basis to offer and provide technical deskside IT support.
Essential Job Functions/Duties
- Handling and servicing airline calls to target resolution for all in-scope equipment.
- Maintaining and servicing all in-scope equipment.
- Monitoring the operations of all in-scope equipment and reporting imperfections or faults to the IT manager as and when they occur.
- Inspecting, checking, updating, and conducting repairs or replacements on the in-scope equipment.
- Preparing and updating asset management records.
- Ensuring spare parts are maintained to required levels at all times.
- Handling and escalating incidents and following up with the appropriate parties to resolution.
- Performing IMACs, updating airline applications, testing and commissioning tasks.
- Updating system configuration information as required.
Requirements: Soft Skills
- Proven and strong interpersonal, customer service and communication skills.
- Team player and collaborative.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks on time.
- Self-motivated and self-directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
Requirements: Technical, Educational, Experience and Certifications
IT Service Delivery experience with a proven track record of:
- Successful customer contract compliance, meeting SLA’s.
- Working experience with a Windows server environment.
- Working experience with PC Components including desktops, printers, scanners, monitors, switches, and servers.
- Experience with Level 1 Network troubleshooting techniques.
- Strong problem resolution skill-set.
- Experience of all above within site-based customer service environment.
- Friendly and customer service-oriented approach.
- Certifications that are advantageous: A+, N+, Server+, Microsoft.
- Independent mobility throughout work locations, and ability to move unaided from one working level to another, ability to access, unaided, all installed equipment locations, including working at height, when required.
- Ability to stand/walk unaided for an 8-hour shift.
- Ability to negotiate security checkpoints and screening x/ray access points without assistance.
- Visual acuity - ability to interpret and operate customer-owned computer screens and read/write relevant documentation, without the need for special accommodation (large print, Braille, voice-assisted computer system, or dictation equipment).
- Ability to carry tools, test equipment and replacement equipment (up to 50 lbs.), independently and unaided.
- Ability to drive standard vehicles without any requirement for modified controls.
ServiceTec Airport International Services Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will comply with all applicable local, state and federal statutes concerning equal employment opportunity with regard to all employees whether full time, part time, casual, temporary, seasonal or contract.
The Company will not discriminate on grounds of sex, trans-gender status, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, civil partnership status, age, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, disability or on other grounds not prohibited by legislation.
This policy applies to the process of recruitment and selection (both internal and external), promotion, training, conditions of work, pay and benefits and to every other aspect of employment, including general treatment at work and the processes involved in the termination of employment.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Click here to apply
22nd November 2019
1640 Electra Blvd, Sidney, BC, V8L 5V4, CA