Systems Support Technician
Minneapolis Int. Airport (MSP) - Full Time
Join Our Team
ServiceTec International Services Inc. (SASI) specializes exclusively in the provision of Managed IT Services to the world’s airport and airline industries, and have been doing so since 1989. We operate globally with headquarters in the UK and the USA, and offices in Canada, The Netherlands, Norway and Japan. We partner with airports and airlines of all sizes to manage, maintain, monitor and support business and mission critical IT systems.
Have you ever wanted to know more about working at an airport? Here is your chance to find out as ServiceTec, the leading independent provider of managed IT Services to the aviation industry has an opportunity for a Systems Support Technician to join our team at Minneapolis- Saint Paul International Airport (MSP). If you are looking for an exciting challenge where you get to learn and enhance your career, then this position may be for you. Further information on this role is detailed below.
You will be responsible for the Company’s day-to-day IT Support and Maintenance activities which will include incident resolution, root cause analysis, hardware replacement, hardware repair, software troubleshooting, software updates, firmware updates, paper stock replacement, and preventative maintenance on all airport owned equipment. Interacting with the Airport Authority and airline agents on a daily basis to offer and provide technical deskside IT support.
- Handling and servicing airline calls to target resolution for all in-scope equipment.
- Maintaining and servicing all in-scope equipment.
- Monitoring the operations of all in-scope equipment and reporting imperfections or faults to the IT manager as and when they occur.
- Inspecting, checking, updating, and conducting repairs or replacements on the in-scope equipment.
- Preparing and updating asset management records.
- Ensuring spare parts are maintained to required levels at all times.
- Handling and escalating incidents and following up with the appropriate parties to resolution.
- Performing IMACs, updating airline applications, testing and commissioning tasks.
- Updating system configuration information as required.
- Independent mobility throughout work locations, and ability to move unaided from one working level to another, ability to access, unaided, all installed equipment locations, including working at height, when required.
- Ability to stand/walk unaided for a working shift.
- Ability to negotiate security checkpoints and screening x/ray access points without assistance.
- Visual acuity - ability to interpret and operate customer-owned computer screens and read/write relevant documentation, without the need for special accommodation (large print, Braille, voice-assisted computer system, or dictation equipment).
- Ability to carry tools, test equipment and replacement equipment (up to 50 lbs.), independently and unaided.
- Ability to drive standard vehicles without any requirement for modified controls.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- High School Diploma with 2 years of Service Desk or Desktop Support experience or an Associate degree in lieu of experience.
- Proven strong interpersonal, customer service, and communication skills.
- Must be comfortable assisting end-users with a wide range of computer knowledge with their computer issues.
- Provide 1st and 2nd level support. If unable to resolve the issues, escalate the issue to correct resource with proper issue documentation.
- Team player and collaborative.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks on time in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated and self-directed.
- Keen attention to details.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of ITIL foundation best practice (preferred).
- A+ certification (preferred).
ServiceTec Airport International Services Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will comply with all applicable local, state and federal statutes concerning equal employment opportunity with regard to all employees whether full time, part time, casual, temporary, seasonal or contract.
The Company will not discriminate on grounds of sex, trans-gender status, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, civil partnership status, age, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, disability or on other grounds not prohibited by legislation.
This policy applies to the process of recruitment and selection (both internal and external), promotion, training, conditions of work, pay and benefits and to every other aspect of employment, including general treatment at work and the processes involved in the termination of employment.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Click here to apply
28th January 2020
7150 Humphrey Drive, Minneapolis, MN, 55450, US