Systems Support Technician
John F. Kennedy International Airport - Full Time
Join Our Team
ServiceTec International Services Inc. (SASI) specializes exclusively in the provision of Managed IT Services to the world’s airport and airline industries, and have been doing so since 1989. We operate globally with headquarters in the UK and the USA, and offices in Canada, The Netherlands, Norway and Japan. We partner with airports and airlines of all sizes to manage, maintain, monitor and support business and mission critical IT systems.
Position Title: Systems Support Technician
Report Line: Site Manager
Ever wanted to know more about working at an airport? Here is your chance to find out as ServiceTec, the leading independent provider of managed IT services to the aviation industry has an opportunity for a Systems Support Technician to join our team at JFK International Airport. If you are looking for an exciting challenge whereby no two days are the same, then this position may be for you. Further information on this role is detailed below:
FLSA Status and Hours:
This is a full time, salaried, non-exempt position with great hours: (including weekends and night shifts). Salary and benefits information will be provided should you be selected for an interview.
Responsible for the Company’s day to day activities at John F. Kennedy International Airport in meeting its contractual commitments as defined in the Statement of Work.
ServiceTec is the world’s leading independent provider of managed IT services for airports and airlines. We have offered world-class support for IT systems at airports since 1989. With multiple bases in North America and Europe, we have an unsurpassed reputation for the maintenance and support of business-critical systems across the entire airport infrastructure.
Our genuinely outstanding level of service has been demonstrated by the systematic extension, re-award and expansion of multiple existing contracts with clients across North America and Europe. This unrivaled approach has enabled ServiceTec to achieve and maintain its objective of developing strong, sustained and beneficial partnerships with airports and airlines throughout the world.
ServiceTec is a people-oriented company. We value our employees, believing they should be treated fairly, with courtesy and respect.
We believe people work better when they feel supported and know that there is a team behind them. We nurture talent and our philosophy is to promote from within.
We consistently recognize those employees who go "above and beyond.”
- Exercising best practices in supporting mission critical CUSS Kiosk, APC Kiosk and MUSE System to ensure a steady and accurate flow of information. Ensuring that all work meets or exceeds the routine performance criteria as outlined. Provide technical support of printers and other peripherals, and related technology.
- Response and Fix Times: Must be aware of the stated response and fix times for the current contract. Action trouble ticket calls and monitors their progress to ensure that stated times are met or exceeded. Ensure that correct work procedures are adhered to.
- Preventative Maintenance: Ensure that P.M. schedules are correctly completed and reported.
- Employee Presentation: Be at all times well presented in line with company dress code and conduct themselves in a proper manner. Telephone manner is as important as direct contact.
- Maintain Stock: Ensure that spares, parts and consumable stocks are used correctly, report shortages, low levels, deficiencies or extra requirements to Airport Site Manager. Ensure that items requiring repair are correctly documented and packed ready for transport to the repair provider without undue delay.
- Customer/User/System Provider Interface: Ensure that excellent relations are generated and maintained and particularly that a personal relationship is generated with customer and user personnel.
- Communication Devices and Procedures: Ensure that communication devices are working correctly and procedures for use are being adhered to. Ensure that the communication devices provided are only used for their intended business purposes and are not subjected to misuse or abuse of any kind.
- Resource Availability: Report any requests for absence in good time and in line with Company and local Management procedures.
- Meeting Attendance: Support Technicians will only attend Customer meetings as directed by local Management. Any request from the Customer to the Support Technician for a meeting must be approved by local Management or higher authority prior to that meeting taking place.
- Reporting: Ensure that supervisor or site manager are aware of any unusual events that may have an adverse impact on service delivery or the company reputation. Ensure that escalation procedures are adhered to.
- Perform any and all other projects or duties as directed by the site manager or his designee.
- Be available to work any shift as scheduled or directed. This will include nights, weekends and holidays. Be available to work standby and callout shifts as directed or scheduled.
- Be available on short notice for temporary reassignment to other ServiceTec sites to assist with new site startup, staff shortage, projects, or to accomplish other company needs. Transportation, food and lodging will be paid by ServiceTec consistent with current policies.
- Personnel Reporting: Submit Time Sheets, Expense claims and all other forms correctly completed and within any stated deadlines.
- Site Reporting: Correctly complete and maintain the records for the site. All records are to be completed before the shift finishes its work period.
- The following is a minimum list of records;
- Incident Log
- P.M. Log
- Installed equipment inventory
- Spare equipment inventory; Parts inventory; Consumable’s inventory
- Purchase Order Request Log; Goods received Note Log
- Repair History Log
Function holder’s minimum qualifications and experience should include:
- College level education as demonstrated by a BA, BSc, MCP, A+ or equivalent
- Experience within a site-based customer service environment.
- Demonstrated focus on customer service
- Not required but highly desirable would be experience within an airport common user system environment.
Function holder’s minimum physical attributes should include:
- Independent mobility throughout work locations, and ability to move unaided from one working level to another, ability to access, unaided, all installed equipment locations, including working at height, when required.
- Ability to negotiate security checkpoints and screening x/ray access points without assistance.
- Visual acuity - ability to interpret and operate customer-owned computer screens and read/write relevant documentation, without the need for special accommodation (large print, Braille, voice assisted computer system, or dictation equipment).
- Ability to carry tools, test equipment and replacement equipment (up to 50lbs), independently and unaided.
- Ability to drive standard vehicles without any requirement for modified controls.
- The Airport Systems Support Technician may from time to time be requested to perform other duties in line with changing requirements of the Company’s business.
ServiceTec Airport International Services Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will comply with all applicable local, state and federal statutes concerning equal employment opportunity with regard to all employees whether full time, part time, casual, temporary, seasonal or contract.
The Company will not discriminate on grounds of sex, trans-gender status, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, civil partnership status, age, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, disability or on other grounds not prohibited by legislation.
This policy applies to the process of recruitment and selection (both internal and external), promotion, training, conditions of work, pay and benefits and to every other aspect of employment, including general treatment at work and the processes involved in the termination of employment.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Click here to apply
6th September 2021
Building 14, Queens, NY, 11430, US