Systems Support Technician
Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport - Full Time
Join Our Team
ServiceTec International Services Inc. (SASI) specializes exclusively in the provision of Managed IT Services to the world’s airport and airline industries, and have been doing so since 1989. We operate globally with headquarters in the UK and the USA, and offices in Canada, The Netherlands, Norway and Japan. We partner with airports and airlines of all sizes to manage, maintain, monitor and support business and mission critical IT systems.
Position Title: Systems Support Technician
Ever wanted to know more about working at an airport? Here is your chance to find out as ServiceTec, the leading independent provider of managed IT services to the aviation industry has an opportunity for a Systems Support Technician to join our team at Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport. If you are looking for an exciting challenge whereby no two days are the same, then this position may be for you. Further information on this role is detailed below:
We have multiple openings for this role. Salary and benefits information will be provided should you be selected for an Interview.
Responsible for the CUSE, CUSS Kiosk, APC Kiosk and MUFIDS Systems/Networks day to day support activities at MSP in meeting our contractual commitments as defined in the Statement of Work. The Systems Support Technician must be fully aware of all functional provisions of the Contract existing between the Metropolitan Airports Commission and ServiceTec.
ServiceTec is the world’s leading independent provider of managed IT services for airports and airlines. We have offered world-class support for IT systems at airports since 1989. With multiple bases in North America and Europe, we have an unsurpassed reputation for the maintenance and support of business-critical systems across the entire airport infrastructure.
Our genuinely outstanding level of service has been demonstrated by the systematic extension, re-award and expansion of multiple existing contracts with clients across North America and Europe. This unrivaled approach has enabled ServiceTec to achieve and maintain its objective of developing strong, sustained and beneficial partnerships with airports and airlines throughout the world.
ServiceTec is a people-oriented company. We value our employees, believing they should be treated fairly, with courtesy and respect.
We believe people work better when they feel supported and know that there is a team behind them. We nurture talent and our philosophy is to promote from within.
We consistently recognize those employees who go "above and beyond.”
- Exercising best practices in supporting these mission critical CUSE, CUSS Kiosk, APC Kiosk and MUFIDS Systems/Networks to ensure a steady and accurate flow of information to the CUSE, CUSS Kiosk, APC Kiosk and MUFIDS Systems/Networks. Ensuring that all work meets or exceeds the routine performance criteria as outlined within the Statement of Work.
- Developing written Standard Operating Procedures for the system, if necessary. Then ensuring they are available to all team members and form an integral part of the overall Service Delivery Plan, both of which must be under constant review to ensure compliance with the any change or new requirements and to ensure continuing improvement to the deliverable.
- Sustaining an excellent personal professional relationship at all levels with those organizations and personnel requiring interaction under the terms of the Contract.
- Attending all site meetings relevant to the Company’s contractual or project obligations as directed by the Operations Service Manager.
- Must be available for contact at all times for any urgent matters arising under the terms of the Contract.
- Ensuring compliance with the conditions associated with each of the following headings / sub-headings. The conditions stated here are generic in nature; the relevant sections of the Contract should be consulted for the detailed terms applicable to MSP.
- Response and Fix Times: Where specific times are written into the Contract these must be met or bettered. Where no specific times are stated within the Contracts targets will be agreed in consultation with the MAC IS Department.
- Preventative Maintenance: Ensure that P.M. schedules are generated and are being correctly completed and reported.
- Employee Presentation: Ensure that personally at all times you are well presented in line with Company dress code and conduct yourself in a proper manner. Telephone manner is as important as direct contact.
- Maintain Stocks: Spares, Parts and consumable stocks must be maintained at a level consistent with the terms of the Contracts and the specified response and fix times. Items requiring off-site repair must be dispatched to the repair provider without undue delay and in line with any processes and procedures specified within the Contracts. Repair turn round times by external suppliers must be monitored with exceptions controlled and reported.
- Customer / User / System Provider interface: Ensure that excellent relations are generated and maintained by all team members and particularly that a personal relationship is generated with key personnel at supervisory and management level for each category.
- Must be aware at all times of the commercial relationships existing between the parties to the Contracts and their local clients. Ensure that both personal and team activities have a positive effect on the parties’ relationships and enhance the possibility of success in any further opportunities that may arise.
Function holder’s minimum qualifications and experience should include:
- Proven track record of successful customer service delivery within the IT sector
- Minimum of 2 years IS/Help Desk experience in a multi-user 100+node network environment involving the use of networked IT equipment and applications
- History of achieving assigned objectives and duties
- Knowledge of relevant operating systems/applications such as Windows NT/98/XP/Windows 7, HP Open view, MS Office Suite, or equivalent
- Knowledge of relevant LAN/WAN equipment
- Minimum of A+ and Network+ certifications
- Strong problem resolution skill set
- Strong team player
- Strong customer service focus
- Experience of all above within a site-based customer service environment
Function holder’s minimum physical attributes should include:
- Independent mobility throughout work locations, and ability to move unaided from one working level to another, ability to access, unaided, all installed equipment locations, including working at height, when required.
- Ability to negotiate security checkpoints and screening x/ray access points without assistance.
- Visual acuity - ability to interpret and operate customer-owned computer screens and read/write relevant documentation, without the need for special accommodation (large print, Braille, voice assisted computer system, or dictation equipment).
- Ability to carry tools, test equipment and replacement equipment (up to 50lbs), independently and unaided.
- Ability to drive standard vehicles without any requirement for modified controls
ServiceTec Airport International Services Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will comply with all applicable local, state and federal statutes concerning equal employment opportunity with regard to all employees whether full time, part time, casual, temporary, seasonal or contract.
The Company will not discriminate on grounds of sex, trans-gender status, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, civil partnership status, age, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, disability or on other grounds not prohibited by legislation.
This policy applies to the process of recruitment and selection (both internal and external), promotion, training, conditions of work, pay and benefits and to every other aspect of employment, including general treatment at work and the processes involved in the termination of employment.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Click here to apply
4th May 2021
7150 Humphrey Drivr, Minneapolis, MN, 55450, US