Join Our Team
ServiceTec International Services Inc. (SASI) specializes exclusively in the provision of Managed IT Services to the world’s airport and airline industries, and have been doing so since 1989. We operate globally with headquarters in the UK and the USA, and offices in Canada, The Netherlands, Norway and Japan. We partner with airports and airlines of all sizes to manage, maintain, monitor and support business and mission critical IT systems.
Physically located onsite at LAX, the System Administrator/Site Manager will be the primary Point of Contact (POC) for Airport Systems, work Monday through Friday 8 am – 5 pm and will be available on call to respond to critical issues 24/7/365 days of the year. This person will report directly to the Operations Service Manager for ServiceTec International, Inc. However, this role may take day-to-day direction from local Airport Management. This role will have four IT technical direct reports who will undertake shift work covering the site 20hrs per day 7 days a week, 365 days a year. There may be some travel involved visiting other ServiceTec site locations
Must be technically competent to manage and oversee the affairs of the site. While there are a variety of experience and training combinations that will allow this, the typical incumbent in this position will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in an IS related field
- 3+ years of experience managing a team
- Strong team leadership ability
- 3+ years of experience providing support to airports or airlines
- MCSA: Windows Server Certification
- Proven track record of successful customer service delivery within the IT sector
- Working knowledge of the following technologies: Microsoft Server Family; Microsoft Exchange
- Design and implementation of remote office product software; TCP/IP and multi- layer network protocols
- 3+ years of experience supporting server equipment
- Strong problem resolution skill set
- Strong customer service focus
- Experience of all above within a site-based customer service environment
- ITIL experience preferred.
Minimum physical attributes:
- Independent mobility throughout work locations, and ability to move unaided from one working level to another, ability to access, unaided, all installed equipment locations, including working at height, when required
- Ability to negotiate security checkpoints and screening x/ray access points without assistance.
- Visual acuity - ability to interpret and operate customer-owned computer screens and read/write relevant documentation, without the need for special accommodation (large print, Braille, voice assisted computer system, or dictation equipment).
- Ability to carry tools, test equipment and replacement equipment (up to 35 lbs), independently and unaided.
- Ability to drive standard vehicles without any requirement for modified controls.
All onsite activities such as trouble shooting, diagnostic, restoration and other remedial activities required in order to restore a service application to a full operational mode. Support will also include Software administration and distribution of:
- Software system updates e.g. security patches, OS Updates, Antivirus updates, Platform software updates, launch application updates, Certified airline application updates which involves packaging for distribution, downloading and verification testing to ensure proper operation.
- Perform Incident resolution or identifies problems where root cause is unknown;
- Escalate problems internally or LEVEL 3 team;
- Perform workarounds identified by the Problem Management Team for incident resolution;
- Identify changes to infrastructure required for incident resolution;
- Notify LEVEL 3 Application Management team(s) of any hardware change that may impact the applications running on that hardware;
- Receive global work order notification when new release is available;
- Perform System change to deploy new software release;
- Notify Service Desk upon completion of any Change or resolution of any incident.
- Manage and continuously improve the overall site support operation and processes through effective logging, notification, escalation and tracking to resolution all problems relating to all systems.
- Organize, direct, and monitor daily activities of other members of the on-site support team. Maintain support shift schedule. Field questions from technical support staff and clients; recommend solutions to customer/end user issues.
- Ensure all hardware repairs are carried out onsite and offsite as needed, all repairs logged and hardware tracked in an inventory log.
- Ensure all site documentation is created, updated, followed, and stored in accordance to ISO9001:2015 Quality management System guidelines.
- Create monthly customer reports on the health of the operation, incident statistics/KPI, and operations issues/highlights. Willingness to amend reports as needed.
- Coordinate all corrective and preventive maintenance, quarterly maintenance, daily and out-of-hours work and support to ensure all appropriate support levels are maintained.
- Monitor and maintain daily backups of system files and data. Along with other airport groups, create and keep up-to-date system restore guides for these servers.
- Monitor all systems daily to ensure continued 24/7 operations of all systems.
- Ensure de-installation, installation, configurations, of all system hardware and software is performed as needed to maintain continued operation.
- Perform necessary database administration tasks as needed to maintain continued operation of all systems.
- Review all work completed by system technicians to ensure it has been completed accurately within the standards set forth by the LAX Managers.
- Establish, modify, implement and monitor systems and procedures to enhance timely and efficient workflow.
- Continually evaluate hardware and software to determine if the best possible solutions are in place at the airport.
- Maintain customer user information in managing user ID’s as necessary.
- Maintain educational requirements.
ServiceTec Airport International Services Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will comply with all applicable local, state and federal statutes concerning equal employment opportunity with regard to all employees whether full time, part time, casual, temporary, seasonal or contract.
The Company will not discriminate on grounds of sex, trans-gender status, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, civil partnership status, age, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, disability or on other grounds not prohibited by legislation.
This policy applies to the process of recruitment and selection (both internal and external), promotion, training, conditions of work, pay and benefits and to every other aspect of employment, including general treatment at work and the processes involved in the termination of employment.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
email@example.com with CV/resume and cover letter
29th January 2019
1 World Way, Los Angeles, CA 90045, CA 90045, US