John Wayne Airport (SNA), Santa Ana, California - Full Time
Join Our Team
ServiceTec International Services Inc. (SASI) specializes exclusively in the provision of Managed IT Services to the world’s airport and airline industries, and have been doing so since 1989. We operate globally with headquarters in the UK and the USA, and offices in Canada, The Netherlands, Norway and Japan. We partner with airports and airlines of all sizes to manage, maintain, monitor and support business and mission critical IT systems.
FLSA Status and Hours:
This is a full time, salaried, non-exempt position with great flexible hours: 8am-5pm ( hours may include weekends). Salary and benefits information will be provided should you be selected for an interview.
Ever wanted to know more about working at an airport? Here is your chance to find out as ServiceTec, the leading independent provider of managed IT services to the aviation industry has an opportunity for a Systems Administrator to join our team at John Wayne Airport in Santa Ana, California. If you are looking for an exciting challenge whereby no two days are the same then this position may be for you. Further information on this role is detailed below:
ServiceTec is looking for an experienced, skilled, customer service-minded and professional Systems Administrator.
ServiceTec is the world’s leading independent provider of managed IT services for airports and airlines. We have offered world-class support for IT systems at airports since 1989. With multiple bases in North America and Europe, we have an unsurpassed reputation for the maintenance and support of business critical systems across the entire airport infrastructure.
Our genuinely outstanding level of service has been demonstrated by the systematic extension, re-award and expansion of multiple existing contracts with clients across North America and Europe. This unrivalled approach has enabled ServiceTec to achieve and maintain its objective of developing strong, sustained and beneficial partnerships with airports and airlines throughout the world.
ServiceTec is a people oriented company. We value our employees, believing they should be treated fairly, with courtesy and respect.
We believe people work better when they feel supported and know that there is a team behind them. We nurture talent and our philosophy is to promote from within.
We consistently recognize those employees who go "above and beyond.”
Excellent healthcare benefits: Medical and Dental
- 401K including an employer match
- Paid time-off and sickness leave
- Paid Military Leave
The Systems Administrator will be responsible for Common Use Passenger Processing Systems (as they brought on-line), and day to day support activities at JWA in meeting our contractual commitments as defined in the Statement of Work. The Systems Administrator must be fully aware of all functional provisions of the Contract existing between John Wayne Airport, and ServiceTec International, Inc.
General Responsibilities :
- Exercising best practices in day to day support and maintenance of the John Wayne Airport systems. Ensuring that all work meets or exceeds the routine performance criteria as outlined within the Statement of Work. Maintain excellent work ethics for time management and all Customer interactions.
- Provide 40 hours of on-site coverage, with an option for on call and overtime support at additional rates.
- Developing written Standard Operating Procedures for the system if necessary. Then ensuring they are available to all team members and form an integral part of the overall Service Delivery Plan, both of which must be under constant review to ensure compliance with any change(s) or new requirements and to ensure continuing improvement to the deliverable service we provide.
- Sustaining an excellent personal/professional relationship at all levels with those organizations and personnel requiring interaction under the terms of the Contract.
- Attending all site meetings relevant to the Company’s contractual or project obligations as directed by the Reporting Manager.
- Must be available for contact at all times for any urgent matters arising under the terms of the Contract.
- Ensuring compliance with the conditions associated with each of the following headings / sub-headings. The conditions stated here are generic in nature; the relevant sections of the Contract should be consulted for the detailed terms applicable to JWA.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism while delivering service and ServiceTec’s company reputation in all interactions with John Wayne Airport.
Must be aware at all times of the commercial relationships existing between the parties to the Contract and their local clients. Ensure that both personal and team activities have a positive effect on the parties relationships and enhance the possibility of success in any further opportunities that may arise.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Proven track record of successful customer service delivery within the IT sector.
- A minimum of 3 or more years of experience in system administration.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience installing, maintaining, troubleshooting, and configuring servers and workstations on Windows 2008 and newer server platforms.
- Experience with network infrastructure hardware.
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Able to establish and maintain good working relationships and communications with executives, decision makers, stakeholders, department heads and end-users regarding IS issues.
- MCSE / CCNA Certification preferred.
- Independent mobility throughout work locations, and ability to move unaided from one working level to another, ability to access, unaided, all installed equipment locations, including working at height, when required
- Ability to negotiate security checkpoints and screening x/ray access points without assistance.
- Visual acuity - ability to interpret and operate customer-owned computer screens and read/write relevant documentation, without the need for special accommodation (large print, Braille, voice assisted computer system, or dictation equipment).
- Ability to carry tools, test equipment and replacement equipment (up to 50 lbs), independently and unaided.
- Ability to drive standard vehicles without any requirement for modified controls.
- The Systems Administrator may from time to time be requested to perform other duties in line with the changing requirements of the Company's business.
ServiceTec Airport International Services Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will comply with all applicable local, state and federal statutes concerning equal employment opportunity with regard to all employees whether full time, part time, casual, temporary, seasonal or contract.
The Company will not discriminate on grounds of sex, trans-gender status, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, civil partnership status, age, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, disability or on other grounds not prohibited by legislation.
This policy applies to the process of recruitment and selection (both internal and external), promotion, training, conditions of work, pay and benefits and to every other aspect of employment, including general treatment at work and the processes involved in the termination of employment.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Click here to apply
24th March 2020
18601 Airport Way, Santa Ana, CA, 92707, US