Salt Lake City International Airport - Full Time
Join Our Team
ServiceTec International Services Inc. (SASI) specializes exclusively in the provision of Managed IT Services to the world’s airport and airline industries, and have been doing so since 1989. We operate globally with headquarters in the UK and the USA, and offices in Canada, The Netherlands, Norway and Japan. We partner with airports and airlines of all sizes to manage, maintain, monitor and support business and mission critical IT systems.
Report Line: U.S. Operations Director
Direct Reporting Staff: Deputy Site Manager, Reporting and Asset Analyst, Senior Network Administrators, Network Administrators, Cabling Technician, Service Desk Team Lead, Service Desk Analysts, Senior Systems Support Technician, Systems Support Technicians
Ever wanted to know more about working at an airport? Here is your chance to find out as ServiceTec, the leading independent provider of managed IT services to the aviation industry has an opportunity for a Site Manager to join our team at Salt Lake City International Airport. If you are looking for an exciting challenge whereby no two days are the same, then this position may be for you. Further information on this role is detailed below:
The Site Manager is the senior ServiceTec employee on location responsible for the Company’s day to day activities at Salt Lake City International Airport (SLC) including planning, organising, staffing and controlling all aspects of ServiceTec’s operation at the site.
The Site Manager must be fully aware of all functional provisions of the contract existing between Salt Lake City Department of Airports (SLCDA) and ServiceTec with responsibility for our compliance with all contractual requirements and control of site expenses to meet budgetary goals.
ServiceTec is the world’s leading independent provider of managed IT services for airports and airlines. We have offered world-class support for IT systems at airports since 1989. With multiple bases in North America and Europe, we have an unsurpassed reputation for the maintenance and support of business-critical systems across the entire airport infrastructure.
Our genuinely outstanding level of service has been demonstrated by the systematic extension, re-award and expansion of multiple existing contracts with clients across North America and Europe. This unrivaled approach has enabled ServiceTec to achieve and maintain its objective of developing strong, sustained and beneficial partnerships with airports and airlines throughout the world.
ServiceTec is a people-oriented company. We value our employees, believing they should be treated fairly, with courtesy and respect.
We believe people work better when they feel supported and know that there is a team behind them. We nurture talent and our philosophy is to promote from within.
We consistently recognize those employees who go "above and beyond.''
- Responsible for all aspects of service delivery, contract compliance, staff administration, budget compliance and relationship management.
- Understand the contract between SLCDA and ServiceTec and ensure that all of ServiceTec’s obligations under that agreement are complied with.
- Sustain an excellent personal professional relationship at all levels with those organizations and personnel requiring interaction under the terms of the contract.
- Ensure attendance at all site meetings relevant to the Company’s contractual obligations. Represent ServiceTec at meetings and in presentations, as required.
- Must be available for contact at all times for any urgent matters arising under the terms of the contract.
- Nominate a Deputy together with contact details, for all periods of planned absence or non-availability.
- May be tasked with assisting with the establishment or operation of sites other than SLC on an as-needed basis.
- Serve as a hierarchical escalation point where difficult or controversial calls have been escalated.
- Participate with staff training, coaching, mentoring and recurrent training and awareness sessions where needed.
- Report to and ensure that Operations Management is aware of any unusual events that may have an adverse impact on service delivery or the Company’s reputation.
- Promote and ensure that ServiceTec’s “culture of service” is maintained and adhered to at all times.
- Provide operation and management support on-site 40hrs/week of the systems/services under the terms of the contract.
- Response and Fix Times: Where specific times are written into the contract these must be met or improved.
- Preventative Maintenance (P.M.): Ensure that agreed P.M. schedules are being correctly completed and reported.
- Ensure all local ServiceTec employees conduct themselves in a professional and tactful manner at all times and that the Company’s dress code policy or local policy is adhered to. Telephone manner is as important as direct contact.
- Spares, Parts and consumable stocks must be maintained at a level consistent with the terms of the Contracts and the specified response and fix times. Items requiring off-site repair must be dispatched to the repair provider without undue delay and in line with any processes and procedures specified within the Contracts. Repair turnaround times by external suppliers must be monitored with exceptions controlled and reported.
- Ensure that the site is provided with procedures that enable users to report problems simply and speedily to the support team. Communication devices must also be made available for support team members enabling prompt communication with their supervisor and each other. Procedures must also provide an escalation path in the event that users do not receive a response to their initial report or the technician attending requires further support to resolve a problem. Escalation procedures must be known to all parties involved and comply with the requirements of the Contracts.
- Ensure that the correct level of technical resources is available by producing schedules for working, making allowance for planned absences due to vacations, training etc. Ensure that procedures and contingency plans are in place to speedily resolve resource issues caused by unplanned absence. Working schedules must be published as stated within the Contracts.
- Ensure availability either in-person during onsite or via phone during on-call times, to assist the customer with day-to-day and critical incidents.
- Personnel Reporting: Ensure employees submit time sheets, expense claims; vacation and sick leave requests, etc. correctly and completed within any stated deadlines.
- Security and Training Records: Ensure that local files are maintained in good order containing complete records of all security badge clearance documents, badge endorsements, and required certifications for each team member. Ensure that at all times team members are aware of any changes to procedural requirements involving security badge clearance or airport required guidelines.
Ensure that the correct records are maintained and reports published for the site as specified within the Contracts and Company procedure. Reports are to be produced with the agreed content and structure. The following is a minimum list of records:
- Incident / Trouble Ticket records
- SLA Compliance records
- P.M. records
- Purchase Order Request Log
- Repair History / Ticket Details records (to track problem root causes)
- The above records may be produced and maintained electronically provided the system allows for hard copy production and regular backups are made. The above records may need to be referred to for investigation and / or recreation of major incident chronology for investigative purposes.
- Recruitment: Lead the local activity for all aspects of the recruiting process whenever new or replacement employees are required for the site. For approved vacancies, this may include the preparation of job descriptions and advertisements for replacement personnel, conducting screening and hiring interviews, and making final hiring recommendations to the Operations Service Manager. Ensure that personnel recruited are capable of fulfilling the agreed training, education, certification, other requirements of the Contracts.
- Development: Provide coaching and counseling, as required. Ensure staff development is an ongoing focus of this operation including having team members work with each other to ensure the distribution of skill sets.
- Discipline: Ensure that at all times employees maintain discipline and conduct themselves in a correct and professional manner. This may include preparing corrective action plans and recommending disciplinary actions up to and including termination when performance improvement programs have been unsuccessful.
- Ensure that any issues arising are dealt with in an equitable manner and in line with company Employee Relations procedures, including maintaining a comprehensive written record of any personnel actions to support any required escalation.
- Training: Ensure that new hires are provided with necessary training and orientation to quickly become fully functional additions to the staff. Establish and maintain training records and procedures to document training details. Ensure that employees who have had formal training are able to distribute that knowledge to other teammates. Encourage staff involvement in optional training and ensure staff participation in any mandated training.
Ensure that all local activities required under the terms of the Contracts are completed in a financially efficient manner. Ensure that all site activity costs are controlled within the stated Company limits, examples as follows:
- - Salary costs
- - Overtime costs
- - Consumables costs
- - Equipment costs
- - Parking costs
- - Communication costs
- Independent mobility throughout work locations, and ability to move unaided from one working level to another, the ability to access unaided all installed equipment locations, including working at height, when required
- Ability to negotiate security checkpoints and screening x/ray access points without assistance. Maintain security clearance at all times
- Visual acuity - ability to interpret and operate customer-owned computer screens and read/write relevant documentation, without the need for special accommodation (large print, Braille, voice assisted computer system, or dictation equipment)
- Ability to carry tools, test equipment and replacement equipment (up to 30 lbs), independently and unaide
- Ability to drive standard vehicles without any requirement for modified controls
- Must be aware at all times of the commercial relationships existing between the parties to the contract and their local clients. Ensure that both personal and team activities have a positive effect on the parties’ relationships and enhance the possibility of success in any further opportunities that may arise.
- Work with the designated Company sales representative to capture additional revenues from out of scope activities and ensure that additional project work and growth opportunities are brought to the attention of the sales team.
Education and Qualifications:
- Strong team leadership ability
- Exceptional communication, attention to detail and decision-making skills · Organized and methodical with the ability to plan and prioritize time sensitive task
- Thorough knowledge of a wide variety of technology
- Must possess excellent verbal and written skills
- Must be a self-motivated individual who can perform with minimal direction, using sound judgment and creativity in solving highly complex technical problems
- Must possess the ability to work in a stressful environment and use professional etiquette when dealing with Salt Lake City International Airport personnel, associated customers, and outside vendor
- Experience and proficiency with the following applications and devices: Microsoft Office products, Adobe products, Microsoft Server family, Passenger Processing Systems and hardware, Cisco and Aruba Network appliances, HP network monitoring tools, Daktronics and Nanolumens display technology, Network cabling infrastructure
- Pass a background investigation, which includes a criminal history check as part of requirements by TSA and to complete airport safety training
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
- College diploma or university degree in the field of Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
- Proven experience with managing a team supporting technology to a large business or organization (1000+ employees)
- Experience working in airports is preferred, but not a requirement
Knowledge/Certification in the following systems is advantageous:
- ISO 27001, 9001 certifications preferred
- ITIL v3 or ITIL 4 certification preferred
- PCI DSS Compliance certification preferred
Experience of all above within a site-based customer service environment.
The site manager may from time to time be requested to perform other duties in line with the changing requirements of the Company’s business.
ServiceTec Airport International Services Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will comply with all applicable local, state and federal statutes concerning equal employment opportunity with regard to all employees whether full time, part time, casual, temporary, seasonal or contract.
The Company will not discriminate on grounds of sex, trans-gender status, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, civil partnership status, age, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, disability or on other grounds not prohibited by legislation.
This policy applies to the process of recruitment and selection (both internal and external), promotion, training, conditions of work, pay and benefits and to every other aspect of employment, including general treatment at work and the processes involved in the termination of employment.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Click here to apply
23rd June 2020
776 M Terminal Dr, Salt Lake City, UT, 84122, US