Join Our Team
ServiceTec specializes exclusively in the provision of Managed IT Services to the world’s airport and airline industries, and have been doing so since 1989. We operate globally with headquarters in the UK and the USA, and offices in Canada, The Netherlands, Norway and Japan. We partner with airports and airlines of all sizes to manage, maintain, monitor and support business and mission critical IT systems.
ServiceTec is seeking qualified candidates for a customer-focused IT Service Desk Support Specialist to work with our customer at Orlando International Airport. This is a large multi-network multi-platform environment.
In this role, you will be providing service operation on-site 40hrs/week and on-call support of the systems at the direction of the local IT Manager.
Our organization places a premium on customer service. We are looking for individuals that can be responsive, professional, trustworthy, and deliver performance that enhances our company's reputation each time they interact with the customer.
- Client Interaction: regularly interact with GOAA customers
- Performs installation, configuration, relocation and support of the Authority’s computer
- equipment and workstation software
- Documentation and Reporting: provides assistance by working in close contact with the vendors and clients. Engineer must ensure their knowledge base is current and accurate and all technical issues must be tracked and documented in a detailed format. Track all issues. IT Service Desk Support Specialist must carefully track and comment all issues and resolution in detail within Service Now
- Troubleshoot problems that impact the IT services. IT Service Desk Support Specialist works to triage or troubleshoot the problem if possible
- Responsible for the timely completion of assigned incidents and tasks
- Experience managing, supporting and deploying network infrastructures
- Ability to diagnose server or network alerts, events or issues
- Understanding of common information architecture frameworks
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Receives user Service Desk calls, documents user’s requests, and provides telephone assistance for troubleshooting, installation and configuration of the Authority’s computers and software
- Provide first level VoIP and Mobile device support
- Provide first line support; escalates more complex problems to a second level resource
- Produce training material as needed
- Performs other duties as required
- High School Diploma and four (4) years of relevant experience, or
- An Associate or higher degree from an accredited college or university in data processing/information systems preferred
- CompTIA A+, Network+
- MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional)
- Additional IT certifications that distinguish skill set on security, Cisco, VMware
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks on time
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Keen attention to detail
- Able to work successfully in a collaborative team environment
- Strong customer service orientation
- Friendly and personable
- Independent mobility throughout work locations, and ability to move unaided from one working level to another, ability to access, unaided, all installed equipment locations, including working at height, when required
- Ability to negotiate security checkpoints and screening x/ray access points without assistance
- Visual acuity - ability to interpret and operate customer-owned computer screens and read/write relevant documentation, without the need for special accommodation (large print, Braille, voice-assisted computer system, or dictation equipment)
- Ability to carry tools, test equipment and replacement equipment (up to 35 lbs), independently and unaided
- Ability to drive standard vehicles without any requirement for modified controls
- Knowledge of MS Windows and Windows based software required
- Thorough knowledge of computer hardware diagnostics and repair required
- Must possess excellent verbal and written skills
- Must be a self-motivated individual who can perform with minimal direction, using sound judgment and creativity in solving highly complex technical problems
- Must possess the ability to work in a stressful environment and use professional etiquette when dealing with Authority personnel and outside vendors
- Experience and proficiency with the following applications and devices: Microsoft Windows 7, Microsoft Windows 10, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook including calendaring, contacts, PST files, rules wizard and delegate rights, Adobe, Smartphone devices, VPN, Network Printers (HP)
- Understanding and working knowledge of TCP/IP and Multicast technologies
- Working knowledge and understanding of Active Directory
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
ServiceTec is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will comply with all applicable local, state and federal statutes concerning equal employment opportunity with regard to all employees whether full time, part time, casual, temporary, seasonal or contract.
The Company will not discriminate on grounds of sex, trans-gender status, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, civil partnership status, age, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, disability or on other grounds not prohibited by legislation.
This policy applies to the process of recruitment and selection (both internal and external), promotion, training, conditions of work, pay and benefits and to every other aspect of employment, including general treatment at work and the processes involved in the termination of employment.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Your application will be held on file indefinitely, if you wish to have your personal data removed please follow the instructions in the application acknowledgement email you will receive.
Click here to apply
16th September 2019
1 Jeff Fuqua Blvd, Orlando, FL , 32827, US