Service Desk Analyst
Reston, VA Office - Full Time
Join Our Team
ServiceTec International Services Inc. (SASI) specializes exclusively in the provision of Managed IT Services to the world’s airport and airline industries, and have been doing so since 1989. We operate globally with headquarters in the UK and the USA, and offices in Canada, The Netherlands, Norway and Japan. We partner with airports and airlines of all sizes to manage, maintain, monitor and support business and mission critical IT systems.
Position Title: Service Desk Analyst
Report Line: Operations Service Manager
Ever wanted to know more about working at an airport? Here is your chance to find out as ServiceTec, the leading independent provider of managed IT services to the aviation industry has an opportunity for a Service Desk Analyst to join our team at our Reston, VA office. If you are looking for an exciting challenge whereby no two days are the same, then this position may be for you. Further information on this role is detailed below:
We have multiple openings for this role. Salary and benefits information will be provided should you be selected for an Interview.
The Service Desk Analyst is responsible for ensuring the Company’s contractual commitments, goals and timelines are met through first-level day to day support and maintenance of the supported IT systems contracted to ServiceTec.
The Service Desk Analyst must be fully aware of all functional provisions of agreements contracted to ServiceTec where the US Service Desk has a stake-hold.
ServiceTec is the world’s leading independent provider of managed IT services for airports and airlines. We have offered world-class support for IT systems at airports since 1989. With multiple bases in North America and Europe, we have an unsurpassed reputation for the maintenance and support of business-critical systems across the entire airport infrastructure.
Our genuinely outstanding level of service has been demonstrated by the systematic extension, re-award and expansion of multiple existing contracts with clients across North America and Europe. This unrivaled approach has enabled ServiceTec to achieve and maintain its objective of developing strong, sustained and beneficial partnerships with airports and airlines throughout the world.
ServiceTec is a people-oriented company. We value our employees, believing they should be treated fairly, with courtesy and respect.
We believe people work better when they feel supported and know that there is a team behind them. We nurture talent and our philosophy is to promote from within.
We consistently recognize those employees who go "above and beyond.”
- Conduct call center activities for incident handling, quality control, and escalation to appropriate groups for all supported services to include, answering phones, emails, chat and self-service generated tickets.
- Provide first-level technical support for all issues reported to the Service Desk for all services under the terms of the contract utilizing approved processes, procedures, scripts and knowledge articles.
- Ensure workflow and quality of work meets or exceeds the remedial and routine performance criteria stated within the Statement of Work and the goals set forth by management or ServiceTec.
- Ensure compliance with any technical changes or new technical requirements and ensure continuing improvement to the support and maintenance of the systems. Recommend improvements and upgrades where necessary.
- Sustain an excellent personal professional relationship at all levels with those organizations and personnel requiring interaction under the terms of the contract.
- Attend all meetings relevant to the company’s contractual obligations as instructed/directed by management.
- Participate in on-call rotation for services provided after hours.
- Provide technical advice for the development, design, and systems integration for client engagement from definition phase through to implementation and transition to support.
- Work with management to ensure proper communication has taken place on all aspects of the support and maintenance of the systems, including any absence, be it planned or sudden. Ensure all planned absence is approved by management and ServiceTec.
Responsibilities: Service Delivery
- Provide operation support on-site 40hrs/week of the systems/services under the terms of the contract which will include, but is not limited to the following:
- Answer all forms of communication utilized by customers to facilitate incident management and escalation to appropriate groups using approved procedures and processes.
- Receive user Service Desk calls, document user’s requests, and provide telephone assistance for troubleshooting, installation and configuration of the services and systems under the terms of the contract.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve issues related to operating systems, hardware and software by analyzing the symptoms and identifying the underlying problem.
- Document issues and conversations to create a log that can be referenced by other technicians and for training purposes.
- Accurately record, prioritize, and update all IT support requests through the service desk software.
- Communicate regular progress updates to the appropriate leads and managers.
- Ensure that the ticket number and estimated time frames are clearly communicated to the customer.
- Attend regular team meetings and providing relevant information as required.
- Utilize remote management or monitoring software to expedite remedial work and provide proactive support.
- Responsible for the timely completion of assigned work.
- Ability to alter work schedule to include after hours and weekends if necessary.
- Participate in on-call rotation schedule for after-hours support.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Response and Fix Times: Where specific times are written into the contract these must be met or improved.
- Ensure you conduct yourself in a professional and tactful manner at all times and that the Company’s dress code policy or local policy is adhered to. Telephone manners are as important as direct contact.
- Ensure all communications devices are on at all times and are in good working order.
- Ensure availability either in-person during onsite or via phone during on-call times, to assist the customer with day-to-day and critical incidents.
- Personnel Reporting: Submit time sheets, expense claims; vacation and sick leave requests, etc. correctly and completed within any stated deadlines.
- Function holder’s minimum physical attributes should include:
- Independent mobility throughout work locations, and ability to move unaided from one working level to another, the ability to access unaided all installed equipment locations, including working at height, when required.
- Ability to negotiate security checkpoints and screening x/ray access points without assistance. Maintain security clearance at all times.
- Visual acuity - ability to interpret and operate customer-owned computer screens and read/write relevant documentation, without the need for special accommodation (large print, Braille, voice assisted computer system, or dictation equipment).
- Ability to carry tools, test equipment and replacement equipment (up to 30 lbs), independently and unaided.
- Ability to drive standard vehicles without any requirement for modified controls.
- Must be aware at all times of the commercial relationships existing between the parties to the contract and their local clients. Ensure that both personal and team activities have a positive effect on the parties’ relationships and enhance the possibility of success in any further opportunities that may arise.
- Work with the designated Company sales representative to capture additional revenues from out-of-scope activities and ensure that additional project work and growth opportunities are brought to the attention of the sales team.
Education and Qualifications:
- Function holder’s minimum qualifications and experience should include:
- Knowledge of call center, help desk, or service desk operations
- Knowledge of MS Windows and Windows-based software required
- Thorough knowledge of computer hardware diagnostics and repair required
- Must possess excellent verbal and written skills.
- Must be a self-motivated individual who can perform with minimal direction, using sound judgment and creativity in solving highly complex technical problems.
- Must possess the ability to work in a stressful environment and use professional etiquette when dealing with airport and airline personnel, associated customers, and outside vendors.
- Experience and proficiency with the following applications and devices: Microsoft Office products, Adobe products, Softphones, Smartphone devices, VPN, Network Printers, ITSM ticketing solutions, and Remote Support Utilities.
- Understanding and working knowledge of TCP/IP and Multicast technologies.
- Working knowledge and understanding of Active Directory.
- Pass a background investigation, which includes a criminal history check as part of requirements by TSA and to complete airport safety training.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License.
Education and Experience:
- College diploma or university degree in the field of Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field and/or 2 years equivalent work experience.
- Proven experience with ticketing applications and providing level 1 or 2 support to a large business or organization.
- Call center experience is preferred, but not a requirement.
- Experience working in airports is preferred, but not a requirement. Knowledge and Certification in the following systems is advantageous:
- Desktops and PC hardware
- Installing/configuring peripheral devices
- Microsoft Operating Systems
- BMC Remedy or RemedyForce systems
- Teamviewer or other Remote Support Utilities
- A+, Net+, or Security+ certifications preferred
- ITIL Foundations training/qualifications advantageous
Experience of all above within a site-based customer service environment.
- The Service Desk Analyst may from time to time be requested to perform other duties in line with the changing requirements of the Company’s business.
ServiceTec Airport International Services Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will comply with all applicable local, state and federal statutes concerning equal employment opportunity with regard to all employees whether full time, part time, casual, temporary, seasonal or contract.
The Company will not discriminate on grounds of sex, trans-gender status, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, civil partnership status, age, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, disability or on other grounds not prohibited by legislation.
This policy applies to the process of recruitment and selection (both internal and external), promotion, training, conditions of work, pay and benefits and to every other aspect of employment, including general treatment at work and the processes involved in the termination of employment.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Click here to apply
20th April 2021
12007 Sunrise Valley Drive, Suite #355, Reston, VA, 20191, US