Nashville International Airport - Full Time
Join Our Team
ServiceTec International Services Inc. (SASI) specializes exclusively in the provision of Managed IT Services to the world’s airport and airline industries, and have been doing so since 1989. We operate globally with headquarters in the UK and the USA, and offices in Canada, The Netherlands, Norway and Japan. We partner with airports and airlines of all sizes to manage, maintain, monitor and support business and mission critical IT systems.
Position Title: Server Administrator
Report Line: Operations Support Manager/MNAA Site Manager
Ever wanted to know more about working at an airport? Here is your chance to find out as ServiceTec, the leading independent provider of managed IT services to the aviation industry has an opportunity for a Server Administrator to join our team at Nashville International Airport. If you are looking for an exciting challenge whereby no two days are the same, then this position may be for you. Further information on this role is detailed below:
This is a full time, Salaried, non-exempt position with great hours supporting work life balance: Mon-Fri 8am-5pm. (There will be an expectation that the successful candidate will undertake an element of overtime and on-call shift rotational schedule which is also detailed in our offer of employment). Salary and benefits information will be provided should you be selected for interview.
Responsible to provide IT support services at the direction of MNAA staff.
ServiceTec is the world’s leading independent provider of managed IT services for airports and airlines. We have offered world-class support for IT systems at airports since 1989. With multiple bases in North America and Europe, we have an unsurpassed reputation for the maintenance and support of business-critical systems across the entire airport infrastructure.
Our genuinely outstanding level of service has been demonstrated by the systematic extension, re-award and expansion of multiple existing contracts with clients across North America and Europe. This unrivaled approach has enabled ServiceTec to achieve and maintain its objective of developing strong, sustained and beneficial partnerships with airports and airlines throughout the world.
ServiceTec is a people-oriented company. We value our employees, believing they should be treated fairly, with courtesy and respect.
We believe people work better when they feel supported and know that there is a team behind them. We nurture talent and our philosophy is to promote from within.
We consistently recognize those employees who go "above and beyond.”
- Provide technical support of network, applications, printers and other peripherals, and related technology.
- Coordinate activities with the MNAA Network Administrator and be responsible for installing, configuring, and maintaining operating system workstations and servers, including web servers, in support of business processing requirements. Perform software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages. Schedule installations and upgrades and maintain them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures. Monitor and tune the system to achieve optimum performance levels.
- Ensure workstation/server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions. Ensure data/media recoverability by maintaining a schedule of system backups and database archive operations. Support media management through internal methods and procedures or through offsite storage and retrieval services. Promote standard operating procedures.
- Conduct routine hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines. Maintain a comprehensive operating system hardware and software configuration database/library of all supporting documentation.
- Responsible for updating the network support portion of the ServiceTec/BNA knowledge base. This knowledge base will be used by the backup technician to keep up on the latest developments at BNA and will be used as a reference guide in your absence. As part of this updating process, you will also be responsible for conducting periodic phone updates with your backup person to review the knowledge base and assure thorough understanding by the backup person.
- Ensure that excellent relations are generated and maintained and particularly that a personal relationship is generated with customer and user personnel.
- Report any requests for absence in good time and in line with Company and local Management procedures.
- Submit Time Sheets, Expense claims and all other forms correctly completed and within any stated deadlines.
- Attend Customer meetings as directed by local Management.
- Ensure that MNAA Site Manager is aware of any unusual events that may have an adverse impact on service delivery or the company reputation. Ensure that escalation procedures are adhered to.
- Perform other duties as directed by MNAA or ServiceTec Management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field or ten (10) years related systems administration experience.
- Supports and enhances Microsoft Window server environment. Works with system users, application developers, and information systems analysts to determine redundancies/availability requirements. Improves system stability, increases performance, identifies and resolves issues, and responds to incidents and related service requests.
- Support and maintain email users currently on a hosted Office 365 environment.
- Support and maintain Active Directory infrastructure, Group Policy updates, Software updates, FSMO roles, DNS, DHCP, Sites and services etc.
- Skills in Scripting in Powershell and creating SQL queries.
- Experience with VMware ESXi, VSphere v6.5 Installing, configuring, and maintaining server and workstation operating systems build VMware virtual machines administer VMware Infrastructure solutions.
- Performs daily administration tasks (e.g. add, change, delete, file system and disk space management, back-ups and file restores).
- Administers Windows based systems including: Windows 7, Windows 10, Server 2003, Server 2008, Server 2012, and Server 2016.
- Manage group policies, implement security, and modify registry settings.
- Prioritizes testing and deployment of workstation and server patches using SCCM, Develops packages to install operating system and software applications using SCCM.
- Manages security monitoring and other tools to ensure the integrity and availability of our applications, server resources, reviewing system and application logs.
- Experience with networking, including LAN technologies, Wireless LAN and Wireless Wide Area Networking. Windows Operating systems, etc. Knowledge of these technologies: Microsoft Office 2010-2016, Microsoft Office 365, iPads/iPhones or similar PDAs, multifunction printers, Active Directory, File/Print Services, Spam/Virus Protection. Certified in at least one of the following areas: A+, Net+.
- Dress appropriately for the setting and duties to be performed. In all cases, dress and personal grooming shall comply with the standards set by MNAA.
- Must be customer focused and willing to go the extra mile to satisfy the needs of the customer.
- Be diplomatic and understand that as part of the support staff, you may be subject to verbal abuse from customers. You must remain professional in these cases.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge within your technical field. Provide innovative solutions for problems to increase your value to the client.
Function holder’s minimum physical attributes should include:
- Independent mobility throughout work locations, and ability to move unaided from one working level to another, ability to access, unaided, all installed equipment locations, including working at height, when required.
- Ability to negotiate security checkpoints and screening x/ray access points without assistance.
- Visual acuity - ability to interpret and operate customer-owned computer screens and read/write relevant documentation, without the need for special accommodation (large print, Braille, voice assisted computer system, or dictation equipment). Basic knowledge of relevant LAN/WAN equipment.
- Ability to carry tools, test equipment and replacement equipment (up to 50lbs), independently and unaided.
- Ability to drive standard vehicles without any requirement for modified controls.For Immediate consideration, please send in your resume and cover letter, including salary expectations which will be treated in confidence.
Care of Equipment & Safety:
- Must ensure that all MNAA equipment issued to him/her is used correctly and safely, is complete and is in working condition. Report any missing damaged or faulty items to your MNAA supervisor and your ServiceTec supervisor.
ServiceTec Airport International Services Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will comply with all applicable local, state and federal statutes concerning equal employment opportunity with regard to all employees whether full time, part time, casual, temporary, seasonal or contract.
The Company will not discriminate on grounds of sex, trans-gender status, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, civil partnership status, age, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, disability or on other grounds not prohibited by legislation.
This policy applies to the process of recruitment and selection (both internal and external), promotion, training, conditions of work, pay and benefits and to every other aspect of employment, including general treatment at work and the processes involved in the termination of employment.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Click here to apply
18th November 2021
1 Terminal Dr, Nashville, TN, 37214, US