Join Our Team
ServiceTec specializes exclusively in the provision of Managed IT Services to the world’s airport and airline industries, and have been doing so since 1989. We operate globally with headquarters in the UK and the USA, and offices in Canada, The Netherlands, Norway and Japan. We partner with airports and airlines of all sizes to manage, maintain, monitor and support business and mission critical IT systems.
Highly-qualified Server Administrator in Nashville, TN. As well as being highly skilled, the position requires a motivated, professional, knowledgeable and customer-centric person. This position will support 200+ users in a Microsoft Windows business enterprise environment, supporting a mission-critical network including servers, routers, switches and firewalls. The person selected for this role will join an IT Team covering 40hrs per week Mon-Fri 8am-5pm.
Minimum requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field or ten (10) years related systems administration experience. Responsible for installing, configuring, and maintaining operating systems, workstation and servers, including web servers, in support of business processing requirements. Performs software installations and upgrades to operating systems and software packages. Schedules installations, and upgrades and maintains them, in accordance with established IT policies and procedures. Monitors and tunes the system to achieve optimum performance levels
- Ensure workstation/server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions. Conducts routine hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines. Maintains comprehensive operating system hardware and software configuration database/library of all supporting documentation
- Supports and enhances Microsoft Window server environment. Works with system users, application developers, and information systems analysts to determine redundancies/ availability requirements. Improves system stability, increases performance, identifies and resolves issues, and responds to incidents and related service requests
- Support and maintain email users currently on a hosted Office 365 environment
- Support and maintain Active Directory infrastructure, Group Policy updates, Software updates, FSMO roles, DNS, DHCP, Sites and services etc
- Skills in Scripting in Powershell and creating SQL queries
- Experience with VMware ESXi, VSphere v6.5 Installing, configuring, and maintaining server and workstation operating systems build VMware virtual machines administer VMware Infrastructure solutions
- Performs daily administration tasks (e.g. add, change, delete, file system and disk space management, back-ups and file restores)
- Administers Windows-based systems including Windows 7, Windows 10, Server 2003, Server 2008, Server 2012, and Server 2016
- Manage group policies, implement security, and modify registry settings
- Prioritizes testing and deployment of workstation and server patches using SCCM, develops packages to install operating system and software applications using SCCM
- Manages security monitoring and other tools to ensure the integrity and availability of our applications, server resources, reviewing system and application logs
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks on time
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Keen attention to detail
- Able to work successfully in a collaborative team environment
- Strong customer service orientation
- Friendly and personable
- Independent mobility throughout work locations, and ability to move unaided from one working level to another, ability to access, unaided, all installed equipment locations, including working at height, when required
- Ability to negotiate security checkpoints and screening x/ray access points without assistance
- Visual acuity - ability to interpret and operate customer-owned computer screens and read/write relevant documentation, without the need for special accommodation (large print, Braille, voice-assisted computer system, or dictation equipment)
- Ability to carry tools, test equipment and replacement equipment (up to 35 lbs), independently and unaided
- Ability to drive standard vehicles without any requirement for modified controls
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field or ten (10) years related systems administration experience
- A+, Network+, CCNA, MCSE and/or MCSA Certifications preferred
- Knowledge and prior support of Apple products including iPhone, iPad and MAC preferred
- Additional IT certifications that distinguishes skill set on security, Cisco, VMware
ServiceTec is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will comply with all applicable local, state and federal statutes concerning equal employment opportunity with regard to all employees whether full time, part time, casual, temporary, seasonal or contract.
The Company will not discriminate on grounds of sex, trans-gender status, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, civil partnership status, age, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, disability or on other grounds not prohibited by legislation.
This policy applies to the process of recruitment and selection (both internal and external), promotion, training, conditions of work, pay and benefits and to every other aspect of employment, including general treatment at work and the processes involved in the termination of employment.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Your application will be held on file indefinitely, if you wish to have your personal data removed please follow the instructions in the application acknowledgement email you will receive.
Click here to apply
13th August 2019
921 Airport Service Rd, , Nashville, TN 37214, TN 37214, US