Senior Telecommunications Technician
Orlando International Airport - Full Time
Join Our Team
ServiceTec International Services Inc. (SASI) specializes exclusively in the provision of Managed IT Services to the world’s airport and airline industries, and have been doing so since 1989. We operate globally with headquarters in the UK and the USA, and offices in Canada, The Netherlands, Norway and Japan. We partner with airports and airlines of all sizes to manage, maintain, monitor and support business and mission critical IT systems.
Position Title: Senior Telecommunications Technician
Reporting Line: GOAA Representative for ServiceTec - Operations Management
Ever wanted to know more about working at an airport? Here is your chance to find out as ServiceTec, the leading independent provider of managed IT services to the aviation industry has an opportunity for a Junior IT Systems Specialist to join our team at Orlando International Airport. If you are looking for an exciting challenge whereby no two days are the same, then this position may be for you. Further information on this role is detailed below:
FLSA Status and Hours:
This is a full time, salaried, non-exempt position with great hours: Mon to Fri: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Salary and benefits information will be provided should you be selected for an interview.
The Senior Telecommunications Technician is responsible for ensuring the Company’s contractual commitments, site goals and timelines are met through day-to-day support and maintenance of telecommunications systems on site at Orlando International Airport. The Senior Telecommunications Technician must be fully aware of all functional provisions of the Contract existing between Orlando International Airport and ServiceTec.
ServiceTec is the world’s leading independent provider of managed IT services for airports and airlines. We have offered world-class support for IT systems at airports since 1989. With multiple bases in North America and Europe, we have an unsurpassed reputation for the maintenance and support of business- critical systems across the entire airport infrastructure.
Our genuinely outstanding level of service has been demonstrated by the systematic extension, re-award and expansion of multiple existing contracts with clients across North America and Europe. This unrivaled approach has enabled ServiceTec to achieve and maintain its objective of developing strong, sustained and beneficial partnerships with airports and airlines throughout the world.
ServiceTec is a people-oriented company. We value our employees, believing they should be treated fairly, with courtesy and respect.
We believe people work better when they feel supported and know that there is a team behind them. We nurture talent and our philosophy is to promote from within.
We consistently recognize those employees who go "above and beyond.”
- Ensure workflow and quality of work meets or exceeds the remedial and routine performance criteria stated within the Statement of Work and the goals set forth by the Local On-site Manager or ServiceTec.
- Assess systems and develop written technical procedures for the site in line with established Company ISO standards, if necessary. Ensure compliance with any technical changes or new technical requirements and ensure continuing improvement to the support and maintenance of the systems. Recommend improvements and upgrades where necessary.
- Sustaining an excellent personal professional relationship at all levels with those organizations and personnel requiring interaction under the terms of the contract.
- Attend all site meetings relevant to the Company’s contractual obligations as instructed/directed by the Local Site Management.
- Must be available for contact at all times for any urgent matters arising under the terms of the contract.
- Provide technical advice for the development, design, and systems integration for client engagement from definition phase through to implementation.
- Work with local site management to ensure proper communication has taken place on all aspects of the support and maintenance of the systems, including any absence, be it planned or sudden. Ensure all planned absence is approved by local management and ServiceTec
- Provide service operation on-site 40hrs/week and on-call support of the systems which will include, but is not limited to the following:
- Responsible to pull, terminate, document and test all phone, copper and fiber circuits.
- Install phone equipment.
- Perform and complete work orders and customer service tickets in a timely manner.
- Provide day-to-day customer support.
- This position is considered a working technician position and will require approximately 90% of the technician’s time dedicated to technical duties.
- Perform hands and eyes services which are tracked via support ticket.
- Provide on-site support for Nortel CS1000 PBX.
- Provide support testing and troubleshooting to meet changing customer requirements.
- Respond to telephone system trouble calls as needed to maintain GOAA service levels.
- Experience providing solution recommendations, training and support to system-end user individuals and departments.
- Experience reading and navigating building floor plans, office or room area layouts, or other relevant space schematics.
- Response and Fix Times: Where specific times are written into the contract these must be met or improved.
- Preventative Maintenance: Ensure that agreed P.M. schedules are completed, catalogued and reported.
- Employee Presentation: Ensure you conduct yourself in a professional and tactful manner at all times and that the Company’s dress code policy or local policy is adhered to. Telephone manner is as important as direct contact.
- Maintain Stocks: Spares, parts and consumable stocks must be maintained at a level consistent with the terms of the Contracts and the specified response and fix times. Items requiring off-site repair must be dispatched to the repair provider without undue delay and in line with any processes and procedures specified within the contract. Repair turn round times by external suppliers must be monitored with exceptions controlled and reported.
- Customer / User / System Provider interface: Ensure that excellent relations are generated and maintained and in particular a personal relationship is generated with MCO key personnel at supervisory and management level for each category.
- Communication Devices and Procedures: Ensure all communications devices are in at all times and are in good working order. Procedures must also provide an escalation path in the event that users do not receive a response to their initial report or the technician attending requires further support to resolve a problem. Escalation procedures must be known to all parties involved and comply with the requirements of the contract.
- Resource Availability: Ensure availability either in person during onsite or on-call times, or via phone, email to assist the customer with day-to-day and critical incidents.
- Personnel Reporting: Submit time sheets, expense claims; vacation requests, etc. correctly and completed within any stated deadlines. Maintain local files in good order containing copies of all such documents.
- Site Records: Ensure that local files are maintained in good order containing complete records of all security badge clearance documents or any other site documents pertinent to the ongoing success of the contract.
- Site Reporting: Ensure that the correct records are maintained and reports published for the site as specified within the contract and Company procedure. Reports are to be produced with the agreed content and structure. The following is a minimum list of records;
- Incident Log.
- P.M. Log.
- Installed equipment inventory.
- Spare equipment inventory.
- Parts inventory.
- Consumables inventory.
- Purchase Order Request Log.
- Goods received Note Log.
- Repair History Log.
The above records may be produced and maintained electronically provided the system allows for hard copy production and regular backups are made.
Function holder’s minimum physical attributes should include:
- Independent mobility throughout work locations, and ability to move unaided from one working level to another, ability to access unaided all installed equipment locations, including working at height, when required.
- Ability to negotiate security checkpoints and screening x/ray access points without assistance. Maintain security clearance at all times.
- Visual acuity - ability to interpret and operate customer-owned computer screens and read/write relevant documentation, without the need for special accommodation (large print, Braille, voice assisted computer system, or dictation equipment).
- Ability to carry tools, test equipment and replacement equipment (up to a certain weight), independently and unaided.
- Ability to drive standard vehicles without any requirement for modified controls.
- Able to lift 25lbs & walking required.
- Must be aware at all times of the commercial relationships existing between the parties to the contract and their local clients. Ensure that both personal and team activities have a positive effect on the parties’ relationships and enhance the possibility of success in any further opportunities that may arise.
- Work with the designated Company sales representative to capture additional revenues from out-of-scope activities and ensure that additional project work and growth opportunities are brought to the attention of the sales team.
Function holder’s minimum qualifications and experience should include:
- Strong knowledge of Nortel CS1000.
- Knowledge of T-1 ISDN, VOIP and fiber testing procedures and equipment.
- Excellent customer interaction skills.
- Good troubleshooting skills.
- Willingness to learn in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to work independently.
- Strong communication skills.
- Exhibits a strong work ethic and accountability to deadlines.
- Must be competent in all Microsoft Office applications and an excellent understanding of VOIP telephony systems.
- Nortel PBX, Callpilot, auto-attendant applications and programming skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Nortel/Avaya CS1000 certification.
- Avaya ACSS – desirable.
Experience of all above within a site-based customer service environment.
- The Senior Telecommunications Technician may from time to time be requested to perform other duties in line with the changing requirements of the Company’s business.
ServiceTec Airport International Services Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will comply with all applicable local, state and federal statutes concerning equal employment opportunity with regard to all employees whether full time, part time, casual, temporary, seasonal or contract.
The Company will not discriminate on grounds of sex, trans-gender status, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, civil partnership status, age, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, disability or on other grounds not prohibited by legislation.
This policy applies to the process of recruitment and selection (both internal and external), promotion, training, conditions of work, pay and benefits and to every other aspect of employment, including general treatment at work and the processes involved in the termination of employment.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Click here to apply
17th August 2021
1 Jeff Fuqua Bivd, Orlando, FL, 32827, US