Senior Systems Support Technician
Salt Lake City International Airport - Full Time
Join Our Team
ServiceTec International Services Inc. (SASI) specializes exclusively in the provision of Managed IT Services to the world’s airport and airline industries, and have been doing so since 1989. We operate globally with headquarters in the UK and the USA, and offices in Canada, The Netherlands, Norway and Japan. We partner with airports and airlines of all sizes to manage, maintain, monitor and support business and mission critical IT systems.
Position Title: Senior Systems Support Technician
Report Line: SLC Site Manager
Ever wanted to know more about working at an airport? Here is your chance to find out as ServiceTec, the leading independent provider of managed IT services to the aviation industry has an opportunity for a Senior Systems Support Technician to join our team at Salt Lake City International Airport. If you are looking for an exciting challenge whereby no two days are the same, then this position may be for you. Further information on this role is detailed below:
FLSA Status and Hours:
This is a full time, salaried, non-exempt position with great hours: M-F: 8:00 AM to 4:30PM. Salary and benefits information will be provided should you be selected for an Interview.
The Senior Systems Support Technician is responsible for ensuring the Company’s contractual commitments, site goals and timelines are met through second level day to day support and maintenance of the supported IT systems on site at Salt Lake City International Airport (SLC) and serve as a point of escalation for the resolution of application, hardware and software issues within the Systems Support Team.
The Senior Systems Support Technician must be fully aware of all functional provisions of the contract existing between Salt Lake City Department of Airports (SLCDA) and ServiceTec.
ServiceTec is the world’s leading independent provider of managed IT services for airports and airlines. We have offered world-class support for IT systems at airports since 1989. With multiple bases in North America and Europe, we have an unsurpassed reputation for the maintenance and support of business-critical systems across the entire airport infrastructure.
Our genuinely outstanding level of service has been demonstrated by the systematic extension, re-award and expansion of multiple existing contracts with clients across North America and Europe. This unrivaled approach has enabled ServiceTec to achieve and maintain its objective of developing strong, sustained and beneficial partnerships with airports and airlines throughout the world.
ServiceTec is a people-oriented company. We value our employees, believing they should be treated fairly, with courtesy and respect.
We believe people work better when they feel supported and know that there is a team behind them. We nurture talent and our philosophy is to promote from within.
We consistently recognize those employees who go "above and beyond.”
- Provide technical support of network, applications, printers and other peripherals, and related technology.
- Provide guidance and support on network infrastructure with the specific goal of PCI compliance where necessary.
- Assist in support for issues escalated to the Systems Support Team when workloads are high or additional experience is required for all services under the terms of the contract utilizing approved processes, procedures, scripts and knowledge articles.
- Ensure workflow and quality of work meets or exceeds the remedial and routine performance criteria stated within the Statement of Work and the goals set forth by the local Site Management or ServiceTec.
- Assess systems and develop written technical procedures for the site in line with established Company ISO standards, if necessary. Ensure compliance with any technical changes or new technical requirements and ensure continuing improvement to the support and maintenance of the systems. Recommend improvements and upgrades where necessary.
- Sustain an excellent personal professional relationship at all levels with those organizations and personnel requiring interaction under the terms of the contract.
- Attend all site meetings relevant to the company’s contractual obligations as instructed/directed by the Local Site Management.
- Must be available for contact at all times for any urgent matters arising under the terms of the contract.
- Provide technical advice for the development, design, and systems integration for client engagement from definition phase through to implementation and transition to support.
- Work with local site management to ensure proper communication has taken place on all aspects of the support and maintenance of the systems, including any absence, be it planned or sudden. Ensure all planned absence is approved by local management and ServiceTec.
- Serve as an information source and point of technical guidance for the Systems Support Team and act as a functional escalation point where difficult or controversial calls have been escalated.
- Participate with staff training, coaching, mentoring and recurrent training and awareness sessions where needed.
- Represent the Systems Support Team in meetings and events where this function has a stake hold.
- Provide shift coverage in the event of absence through sickness or vacation.
- Ensure that Preventative Maintenance (PM) items and schedules are correctly completed and reported. Assist with completion of PM items as necessary.
- Ensure that spares, parts and consumable stocks are used correctly. Report shortages, low levels, deficiencies or extra requirements to Site Management. Ensure that items requiring repair are correctly documented and packed ready for transport to the repair provider without undue delay.
- Report to and ensure that Site Management is aware of any unusual events that may have an adverse impact on service delivery or the Company’s reputation.
- Promote and ensure that ServiceTec’s “culture of service” is maintained and adhered to at all times.
- Provide operation support on-site 40hrs/week of the systems/services under the terms of the contract which will include, but is not limited to the following:
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve issues related to operating systems, hardware and software by analyzing the symptoms and identifying the underlying problem that have been escalated.
- Document issues and conversations to create a log that can be referenced by other technicians and for training purposes.
- Accurately record, prioritize, and update all IT support requests through the service desk software.
- Ensure proper escalation procedures are followed.
- Communicate regular progress updates to the appropriate leads and managers.
- Ensure that the ticket number and estimated timeframes are clearly communicated to the customer.
- Attend regular team meetings and providing relevant information as required.
- Utilize remote management or monitoring software to expedite remedial work and provide proactive support.
- Responsible for the timely completion of assigned work.
- Ability to alter work schedule to include after hours and weekends if necessary.
- Participate in on call rotational schedule for after-hours support.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Response and Fix Times: Where specific times are written into the contract these must be met or improved.
- Ensure you conduct yourself in a professional and tactful manner at all times and that the Company’s dress code policy or local policy is adhered to. Telephone manner is as important as direct contact.
- Ensure all communications devices are on at all times and are in good working order.
- Ensure availability either in-person during onsite or via phone during on-call times, to assist the customer with day-to-day and critical incidents.
- Personnel Reporting: Submit time sheets, expense claims; vacation and sick leave requests, etc. correctly and completed within any stated deadlines.
- Assist with monitoring and evaluating Technicians and the services to improve the efficiency, service level performance, and customer satisfaction.
Function holder’s minimum physical attributes should include:
- Independent mobility throughout work locations, and ability to move unaided from one working level to another, the ability to access unaided all installed equipment locations, including working at height, when required.
- Ability to negotiate security checkpoints and screening x/ray access points without assistance. Maintain security clearance at all times.
- Visual acuity - ability to interpret and operate customer-owned computer screens and read/write relevant documentation, without the need for special accommodation (large print, Braille, voice assisted computer system, or dictation equipment).
- Ability to carry tools, test equipment and replacement equipment (up to 30 lbs), independently and unaided.
- Ability to drive standard vehicles without any requirement for modified controls.
- Must be aware at all times of the commercial relationships existing between the parties to the contract and their local clients. Ensure that both personal and team activities have a positive effect on the parties’ relationships and enhance the possibility of success in any further opportunities that may arise.
- Work with the designated Company sales representative to capture additional revenues from out of scope activities and ensure that additional project work and growth opportunities are brought to the attention of the sales team.
Education and Qualifications:
Function holder’s minimum qualifications and experience should include:
- Ability to inspire, mentor, and support people.
- Exceptional communication, attention to detail and decision-making skills.
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment.
- Organized and methodical with the ability to plan and prioritize time sensitive tasks.
- Knowledge of MS Windows and Windows based software required.
- Thorough knowledge of computer hardware diagnostics and repair required.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written skills.
- Must be a self-motivated individual who can perform with minimal direction, using sound judgment and creativity in solving highly complex technical problems.
- Must possess the ability to work in a stressful environment and use professional etiquette when dealing with Salt Lake City International Airport personnel, associated customers, and outside vendors.
- Experience and proficiency with the following applications and devices: Microsoft Office products, Adobe products, Mitel IP Phones, Smartphone devices, VPN, and Network Printers.
- Experience supporting a network within PCI compliance standards.
- Understanding and working knowledge of TCP/IP and Multicast technologies.
- Working knowledge and understanding of Active Directory.
- Pass a background investigation, which includes a criminal history check as part of requirements by TSA and to complete an airport safety training.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License.
- College diploma or university degree in the field of Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field and 3-5 years equivalent work experience.
- Proven experience with ticketing applications and providing level 1 or 2 support to a large business or organization (1000+ employees).
- Experience working in airports is preferred, but not a requirement.
Knowledge/Certification in the following systems is advantageous:
- Server/domain controller/storage array systems.
- Desktops and PC hardware.
- Installing/configuring printers.
- Microsoft Operating Systems.
- Certified in at least of the following areas: A+, Net+, or Security+, or equivalent as deemed acceptable by ServiceTec.
- ITIL Foundations training/qualifications advantageous.
- PCI DSS Compliance certification preferred.
Experience of all above within a site-based customer service environment.
- The Senior Systems Support Technician may from time to time be requested to perform other duties in line with the changing requirements of the Company’s business.
ServiceTec Airport International Services Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will comply with all applicable local, state and federal statutes concerning equal employment opportunity with regard to all employees whether full time, part time, casual, temporary, seasonal or contract.
The Company will not discriminate on grounds of sex, trans-gender status, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, civil partnership status, age, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, disability or on other grounds not prohibited by legislation.
This policy applies to the process of recruitment and selection (both internal and external), promotion, training, conditions of work, pay and benefits and to every other aspect of employment, including general treatment at work and the processes involved in the termination of employment.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Click here to apply
10th January 2022
776 N Terminal Dr, Salt Lake City, UT, 84122, US