Senior Systems Support Technician
Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport - Full Time
Join Our Team
ServiceTec International Services Inc. (SASI) specializes exclusively in the provision of Managed IT Services to the world’s airport and airline industries, and have been doing so since 1989. We operate globally with headquarters in the UK and the USA, and offices in Canada, The Netherlands, Norway and Japan. We partner with airports and airlines of all sizes to manage, maintain, monitor and support business and mission critical IT systems.
Position Title: Senior Systems Support Technician
Ever wanted to know more about working at an airport? Here is your chance to find out as ServiceTec, the leading independent provider of managed IT services to the aviation industry has an opportunity for a Senior Systems Support Technician to join our team at Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport. If you are looking for an exciting challenge whereby no two days are the same, then this position may be for you. Further information on this role is detailed below:
We have multiple openings for this role. Salary and benefits information will be provided should you be selected for an Interview.
- Excellent healthcare benefits: Medical and Dental
- 401K including an employer match
- Paid time-off and sickness leave
- Paid Military Leave
You will be responsible for the Company’s day-to-day IT Support and Maintenance activities which will include incident resolution, root cause analysis, hardware replacement, hardware repair, software troubleshooting, software updates, and firmware updates. As a Senior System Support Technician, you will perform further challenging tasks and assist your fellow team members as required.
ServiceTec is the world’s leading independent provider of managed IT services for airports and airlines. We have offered world-class support for IT systems at airports since 1989. With multiple bases in North America and Europe, we have an unsurpassed reputation for the maintenance and support of business-critical systems across the entire airport infrastructure.
Our genuinely outstanding level of service has been demonstrated by the systematic extension, re-award and expansion of multiple existing contracts with clients across North America and Europe. This unrivaled approach has enabled ServiceTec to achieve and maintain its objective of developing strong, sustained and beneficial partnerships with airports and airlines throughout the world.
ServiceTec is a people-oriented company. We value our employees, believing they should be treated fairly, with courtesy and respect.
We believe people work better when they feel supported and know that there is a team behind them. We nurture talent and our philosophy is to promote from within.
We consistently recognize those employees who go "above and beyond.”
- Act as point of escalation to higher management and vendor support
- Keep staff informed of updates and changes
- Establish strong rapport with customer
- Assist with any required development of process/procedures
- Coordinate improvement initiatives
- Inform management of any changes that could impact service expectations
- Suggest ways to improve customer satisfaction
- Advise of any RFCs for problem resolution
- Input on any schedule change reason/impact
- Help ID any CSF and any additional KPI metrics needed
- Preventative Maintenance Validation
- Weekend Coverage
- Fielding frontline inquiries from the on-site team
- Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA)
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field or seven (7) years related systems
- Proven strong interpersonal, customer service, and communication skills.
- Must be comfortable assisting end users with a wide range of computer knowledge with their computer issues.
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support. If unable to resolve the issues, escalate the issue to correct resource with proper issue documentation.
- Team player and collaborative.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks on time in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated and self-directed.
- Keen attention to details.
- Knowledge of relevant operating systems/applications such as Windows NT/98/XP/Windows 7, HP Open view, MS Office Suite, or equivalent.
- Knowledge of relevant LAN/WAN equipment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of ITIL foundation best practice (preferred).
- A+ and/or Network+ certification.
- A valid driving license.
- Experience with Common Use Passenger Processing Systems
- Experience with Passenger Information Systems
- Independent mobility throughout work locations, and ability to move unaided from one working level to another, ability to access, unaided, all installed equipment locations, including working at height, when required.
- Ability to stand / walk unaided for a working shift.
- Ability to negotiate security checkpoints and screening x/ray access points without assistance.
- Visual acuity - ability to interpret and operate customer-owned computer screens and read/write relevant documentation, without the need for special accommodation (large print, Braille, voice assisted computer system, or dictation equipment).
- Ability to carry tools, test equipment and replacement equipment (up to 50 lbs.), independently and unaided.
- Ability to drive standard vehicles without any requirement for modified controls.
ServiceTec Airport International Services Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will comply with all applicable local, state and federal statutes concerning equal employment opportunity with regard to all employees whether full time, part time, casual, temporary, seasonal or contract.
The Company will not discriminate on grounds of sex, trans-gender status, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, civil partnership status, age, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, disability or on other grounds not prohibited by legislation.
This policy applies to the process of recruitment and selection (both internal and external), promotion, training, conditions of work, pay and benefits and to every other aspect of employment, including general treatment at work and the processes involved in the termination of employment.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Click here to apply
10th May 2021
7150 Humphrey Drive, Minneapolis, MN, 55450, US