Charlotte Douglas Int. (CLT) - 6-month contract
Join Our Team
ServiceTec International Services Inc. (SASI) specializes exclusively in the provision of Managed IT Services to the world’s airport and airline industries, and have been doing so since 1989. We operate globally with headquarters in the UK and the USA, and offices in Canada, The Netherlands, Norway and Japan. We partner with airports and airlines of all sizes to manage, maintain, monitor and support business and mission critical IT systems.
Ever wanted to know more about working at an airport? Here is your chance to find out as ServiceTec, the leading independent provider of managed IT services to the aviation industry has an opportunity for an experienced, highly skilled, customer service minded and professional Network Engineer to join our team at Charlotte Douglas International Airport. If you are looking for an exciting challenge whereby no two days are the same, then this position may be for you. Further information on this role is detailed below:
ServiceTec is the world’s leading independent provider of managed IT services for airports and airlines. We have offered world-class support for IT systems at airports since 1989. With multiple bases in North America and Europe, we have an unsurpassed reputation for the maintenance and support of business-critical systems across the entire airport infrastructure.
Our genuinely outstanding level of service has been demonstrated by the systematic extension, re-award and expansion of multiple existing contracts with clients across North America and Europe. This unrivalled approach has enabled ServiceTec to achieve and maintain its objective of developing strong, sustained and beneficial partnerships with airports and airlines throughout the world.
ServiceTec is a people-oriented company. We value our employees, believing they should be treated fairly, with courtesy and respect.
We believe people work better when they feel supported and know that there is a team behind them. We nurture talent and our philosophy is to promote from within.
We consistently recognize those employees who go "above and beyond.”
Paid time-off and sickness leave.
ServiceTec are currently seeking highly-qualified applicants for a Network Engineer position in Charlotte, NC. The Individual selected for this role will be responsible for configuring and installing various network devices and services for software and/or hardware, and performing network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations. The Network Engineer will also monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability, monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning, and provide support and troubleshooting to resolve issues. Other key responsibilities include working within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure, selecting and implementing security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the City staff, and working with other IT personnel for problem resolution.
The individual providing Network Engineer support will be working 40hrs per week, covering different shifts. The individual we are currently seeking must be highly skilled, motivated, professional, knowledgeable and customer-centric.
This position will be for a 6-month contract. ServiceTec will conduct a review with the City of Charlotte prior to completion of the contract, in an effort to negotiate further Network Engineer Support services.
Essential Job Functions/Duties
- Plan, and manage Avaya SPB network implementations.
- Provide support for ERS, VSP infrastructure.
- Provide Tier 2/3 Support for network issues as necessary.
- Responsible for implementing monitoring of the enterprise infrastructure.
- Research innovative technologies in the areas of SPB, L2VSNs, L3VSNs, Inter-VSN Routing.
- Contribute to the development and management of the network strategy.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining network documentation.
- Ensure all systems are fully backed up in accordance with company standard and industry best practice.
- Apply knowledge of computer network infrastructures, technologies and protocols.
- Provide escalated levels of troubleshooting and support the network infrastructure.
- Use ticketing system to full extent ensuring all issues and activity are fully documented from initial opening, progress notations, and resolution are chronicled.
- Assist in the diagnosis and resolution of network operating problems with technical assistance from vendors and/or senior staff/management.
- Routine preventative maintenance, deployment and integration of hardware, software and network infrastructure equipment and services.
- Experience in deploying network systems and services in large high availability, multi-site environment.
- Complete and Verify backups of Network Equipment.
- Rack and installation of network equipment including ERS 4900, VSP 7K, VSP 8K, Nortel 8610.
- Documentation and Inventory of all equipment using COM+ application.
- Systems integration between all Avaya Gear.
- Design and Implementation of new systems and equipment.
- Perform Capacity Planning.
- Maintain Avaya Licensing.
- Engage with clients and vendors for scoping of new projects.
- Ensure functionality of all aspects of the network infrastructure.
- All other duties as assigned.
Requirements: Soft Skills
- Proven and strong interpersonal, customer service and communication skills.
- Team player and collaborative.
- Ability to also work independently with little guidance.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks on time.
- Self-motivated and self-directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Strong ability to manage difficult and/or stressful work-related situations.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships and communication with executives, decision-makers, stakeholders, department heads and end-users regarding pertinent network activities.
Requirements: Technical, Educational, Experience and Certifications
- Associate Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field OR proven extensive related experience.
- A+, Network +, MCSE and/or MCSA Certifications preferred.
- Experience with Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012, Windows 7,8,10 and server applications (i.e. SQL Server/IIS/Exchange/SharePoint).
- Experience with current Hewlett-Packard servers and enterprise SAN equipment; ArcServe UDP; System Center 2012+ or other system management software, is highly desirable.
- 1 – 5 years’ experience as an Avaya technician with network experience preferable.
- In depth knowledge and implementation skills of next-generation communications such as SPB, Fabric Attach, software-defined networks.
- In-depth knowledge of LAN/WAN systems, networks, and applications.
- Experienced interfacing with vendors for modern technology development and collaboration.
- Experience with Cisco and Avaya network gear.
- The individual is required to have strong diagnostics, logic and organizational skills, be detailed oriented excellent follow-through.
- Strong attention to detail with ability to see patterns and trends, analyze data and make recommendations.
- Experience with resilient architecture, design, operations support & troubleshooting VoIP-related, digital, and experience with hybrid network environments.
- Experience with Windows (AD, DNS, DFS) Documented experience in superior customer service delivery.
- Documented experience in configuring and managing Microsoft Exchange in a network enterprise environment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Server technologies, particularly Active Directory and Exchange Server Administration.
- Knowledge of Preventive Maintenance (PM) business processes; SQL Server and database concepts; SQL query; SQL Reporting Services; Crystal Reports; MS Office; Network and security concepts; Asset Management; Maintenance Work Orders business processes; Mobile field inspection tools; Amazon Web Services; XML.
- A strong general background in all IT functions and Microsoft technologies and computer hardware.
- Independent mobility throughout work locations, and ability to move unaided from one working level to another, ability to access, unaided, all installed equipment locations, including working at height, when required.
- Ability to negotiate security checkpoints and screening x/ray access points without assistance.
- Visual acuity - ability to interpret and operate customer-owned computer screens and read/write relevant documentation, without the need for special accommodation (large print, Braille, voice assisted computer system, or dictation equipment).
- Ability to carry tools, test equipment and replacement equipment (up to 35 lbs.), independently and unaided.
- Ability to drive standard vehicles without any requirement for modified controls.
ServiceTec Airport International Services Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will comply with all applicable local, state and federal statutes concerning equal employment opportunity with regard to all employees whether full time, part time, casual, temporary, seasonal or contract.
The Company will not discriminate on grounds of sex, trans-gender status, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, civil partnership status, age, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, disability or on other grounds not prohibited by legislation.
This policy applies to the process of recruitment and selection (both internal and external), promotion, training, conditions of work, pay and benefits and to every other aspect of employment, including general treatment at work and the processes involved in the termination of employment.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Click here to apply
14th November 2019
5501 Josh Birmingham Pkwy, Charlotte, NC, 28208, US