IT Team Lead
Victoria International Airport (YYJ) - Full Time
Join Our Team
ServiceTec International Services Inc. (SASI) specializes exclusively in the provision of Managed IT Services to the world’s airport and airline industries, and have been doing so since 1989. We operate globally with headquarters in the UK and the USA, and offices in Canada, The Netherlands, Norway and Japan. We partner with airports and airlines of all sizes to manage, maintain, monitor and support business and mission critical IT systems.
Ever wanted to know more about working at an airport? Here is your chance to find out as ServiceTec, the leading independent provider of managed IT services to the aviation industry has an opportunity for an IT Team Lead to join our team at Victoria International Airport. If you are looking for an exciting challenge whereby no two days are the same, then this position may be for you. Further information on this role is detailed below:
ServiceTec is looking for an experienced, highly-skilled, customer service-minded and professional IT Team Leader.
ServiceTec is the world’s leading independent provider of managed IT services for airports and airlines. We have offered world-class support for IT systems at airports since 1989. With multiple bases in North America and Europe, we have an unsurpassed reputation for the maintenance and support of business-critical systems across the entire airport infrastructure.
Our genuinely outstanding level of service has been demonstrated by the systematic extension, re-award and expansion of multiple existing contracts with clients across North America and Europe. This unrivalled approach has enabled ServiceTec to achieve and maintain its objective of developing strong, sustained and beneficial partnerships with airports and airlines throughout the world.
ServiceTec is a people-oriented company. We value our employees, believing they should be treated fairly, with courtesy and respect.
We believe people perform better when they feel supported and know there is a team behind them. We nurture talent and our philosophy is to promote from within.
We consistently recognize those employees who go "above and beyond.”
- Competitive Full-Time salaries.
- Excellent healthcare benefits: Medical and Dental.
- Entry into our employee pension plan including an employer match – Starts after 3mths service.
- Paid time-off and sickness leave.
This is a full-time, salaried position with Company benefits. Responsible for the Company’s airport day-to-day IT support activities at Victoria International Airport in meeting its contractual commitments as defined in the Statement of Work. Lead a team of technicians in delivering a contract complaint and customer satisfying solution to onsite technology support systems. The Team Lead will work a 40hr work week. The typical work week will be four days per week 7AM - 6PM with 3 days off; you will be expected to work additional hours to accomplish your tasks, including on-call or by covering shifts of team members either on scheduled vacation or for any absences.
5+ years IT Service Delivery experience with the following items:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field OR 5 years of related systems administration experience.
- Experience in leading and coaching staff for success.
- Experience in staff performance management.
- Successful customer contract compliance.
- Servers, certifications advantageous.
- Firewalls, certifications advantageous.
- HP and CISCO Switch technology.
- Virtual Server Technology and VMWare.
- Storage Appliances, Resource Mgmt., Patch Mgmt.
- Windows Backup and Recovery Technology.
- Knowledge of relevant applications such as Active Directory, MS Office Suite.
- Proven experience with LAN/WAN equipment and networks.
- Enterprise Antivirus mgmt., infection mgmt., Cybersecurity intrusion detection.
- Experience of all above within a site-based customer service environment.
- Experience in leading staff and maintenance of staff records (vacation time, sickness absence, etc.).
- Strong problem resolution skill-set.
Certifications that are advantageous: A+, N+, Server+, CCNA, VMWare, Microsoft.
- Ability to lead staff and coach them for success, manage a shift schedule, and have correction discussion when required.
- Comfortable in interviewing potential candidates and make recommendations when required.
- Ability to stand/walk unaided.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Proven and strong interpersonal, customer service and communication skills.
- Team player and collaborative.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks on time.
- Self-motivated and self-directed.
ServiceTec Airport International Services Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will comply with all applicable local, state and federal statutes concerning equal employment opportunity with regard to all employees whether full time, part time, casual, temporary, seasonal or contract.
The Company will not discriminate on grounds of sex, trans-gender status, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, civil partnership status, age, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, disability or on other grounds not prohibited by legislation.
This policy applies to the process of recruitment and selection (both internal and external), promotion, training, conditions of work, pay and benefits and to every other aspect of employment, including general treatment at work and the processes involved in the termination of employment.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Click here to apply
27th January 2020
1640 Electra Blvd, Sidney, BC, V8L 5V4, CA