IT Project Technician – Temporary
Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport - Temporary
Join Our Team
ServiceTec International Services Inc. (SASI) specializes exclusively in the provision of Managed IT Services to the world’s airport and airline industries, and have been doing so since 1989. We operate globally with headquarters in the UK and the USA, and offices in Canada, The Netherlands, Norway and Japan. We partner with airports and airlines of all sizes to manage, maintain, monitor and support business and mission critical IT systems.
Position Title: IT Project Technician – Temporary
Duration: 1 month
Ever wanted to know more about working at an airport? Here is your chance to find out as ServiceTec, the leading independent provider of managed IT services to the aviation industry has an opportunity for an IT Project Technician - Temporary to join our team at Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport. If you are looking for an exciting challenge whereby no two days are the same, then this position may be for you. Further information on this role is detailed below:
This is a temporary, hourly, non-exempt position with great hours supporting work life balance: Monday to Friday, 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM (There will be an expectation that the successful candidate will undertake an element of overtime which will also be detailed in our offer of employment)
IT Project Technician will provide support for IT project deliverable at Minneapolis- Saint Paul International Airport (MSP) in meeting our contractual commitments as defined in the Statement of Work. IT Project Technician must be fully aware of all functional provisions of the Contract existing between Metropolitan Airports Commission (MAC) and ServiceTec International, Inc.
ServiceTec is the world’s leading independent provider of managed IT services for airports and airlines. We have offered world-class support for IT systems at airports since 1989. With multiple bases in North America and Europe, we have an unsurpassed reputation for the maintenance and support of business-critical systems across the entire airport infrastructure.
Our genuinely outstanding level of service has been demonstrated by the systematic extension, re-award and expansion of multiple existing contracts with clients across North America and Europe. This unrivaled approach has enabled ServiceTec to achieve and maintain its objective of developing strong, sustained and beneficial partnerships with airports and airlines throughout the world.
ServiceTec is a people-oriented company. We value our employees, believing they should be treated fairly, with courtesy and respect.
We believe people work better when they feel supported and know that there is a team behind them. We nurture talent and our philosophy is to promote from within.
We consistently recognize those employees who go "above and beyond.”
- Exercising best practices in supporting IT projects at MSP. Ensuring that all work meets or exceeds the routine performance criteria as outlined within the Statement of Work. Maintain excellent work ethics for time management and all Customer interactions.
- Provide emergency secondary support to the IT Front-line Services team as necessary while maintaining or exceeding performance criteria associated with that function.
- Developing written Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for systems if necessary. Ensuring SOP’s are available to all team members and form an integral part of the overall Service Delivery Plan, both of which must be under constant review to ensure compliance with any change(s) or new requirements and to ensure continuing improvement to the deliverable service we provide.
- Provide and sustain an excellent personal/professional relationship at all levels with those organizations and personnel requiring interaction under the terms of the Contract.
- Attend all site meetings relevant to the Company’s contractual or project obligations as directed by the Reporting Manager.
- Must be available for contact at all times for any urgent matters arising under the terms of the Contract.
- Ensuring compliance with the conditions associated with each of the following headings / sub-headings. The conditions stated here are generic in nature; the relevant sections of the Contract should be consulted for the detailed terms applicable to MSP.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism while delivering service and ServiceTec’s company reputation in all interactions with Metropolitan Airports Commission.
- Must be aware of at all times the commercial relationships existing between the parties to the Contract and their local clients. Ensure that both personal and team activities have a positive effect on the parties’ relationships and enhance the possibility of success in any further opportunities that may arise.
Responsibilities: Service Delivery
- Response and Fix Times: Where specific times are written into the Contract these must be met or bettered. Where no specific times are stated within the Contracts targets will be agreed in consultation with the MAC IT Department.
- Preventative Maintenance: Ensure preventative maintenance (PM’s) schedules are met, correctly completed, and logged properly in the ITSM tool.
- Employee Presentation: Must be well presented and clean appearance at all times in line with the Company dress code and conduct yourself in a professional manner. Telephone and conference call etiquette is as important as direct interaction.
- Maintain Stocks: Spares, Parts and consumable stocks must be maintained at a level consistent with the terms of the Contract and the specified response and fix times. Items requiring off-site repair must be dispatched to the repair provider without undue delay and in line with any processes and procedures specified within the Contract. Repair turnaround times by external suppliers must be monitored with exceptions controlled and reported.
- Customer / User / System Provider interface: Ensure that excellent relations are generated and maintained by all team members and particularly that a personal relationship is generated with key personnel at supervisory and management level for each category.
Education and Qualifications
- Minimum of 1 year of experience with an Associate degree or a Bachelor’s degree in the lieu of experience.
- History of task prioritization and achieving assigned objectives and duties.
- Ability to work independently, think creatively and analytically, and make sound decisions.
- Basic knowledge of relevant operating systems/applications such as Windows 7/10, Microsoft Office Suite, or equivalent.
- Knowledge and experience of imaging solutions such as System Center Configuration Manager, Ghost, KACE, or equivalent.
- Basic Knowledge of relevant LAN/WAN equipment.
- Excellent oral, interpersonal, and written communication skill set.
- Strong problem resolution and attention to detail skill set.
- Strong team player and customer service focus.
- Pass a background investigation, which includes a criminal history check as part of requirements by TSA and to complete airport safety training.
- Independent mobility throughout work locations, and ability to move unaided from one working level to another, ability to access, unaided, all installed equipment locations, including working at height, when required.
- Ability to negotiate security checkpoints and screening x/ray access points without assistance.
- Visual acuity - ability to interpret and operate customer-owned computer screens and read/write relevant documentation, without the need for special accommodation (large print, Braille, voice assisted computer system, or dictation equipment).
- Ability to carry tools, test equipment and replacement equipment (up to 50 lbs), independently and unaided.
- Ability to drive standard vehicles without any requirement for modified controls.
- Will maintain and safeguard all company provided equipment and comply with all Company standards and policies regarding that equipment.
- The Project Technician may from time to time be requested to perform other duties in line with the changing requirements of the Company's business.
ServiceTec Airport International Services Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will comply with all applicable local, state and federal statutes concerning equal employment opportunity with regard to all employees whether full time, part time, casual, temporary, seasonal or contract.
The Company will not discriminate on grounds of sex, trans-gender status, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, civil partnership status, age, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, disability or on other grounds not prohibited by legislation.
This policy applies to the process of recruitment and selection (both internal and external), promotion, training, conditions of work, pay and benefits and to every other aspect of employment, including general treatment at work and the processes involved in the termination of employment.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Click here to apply
11th January 2021
7150 Humphrey Drivr, Minneapolis, MN, 55450, US