Genetec Video Management Admin
Denver International Airport - Full Time
Join Our Team
ServiceTec International Services Inc. (SASI) specializes exclusively in the provision of Managed IT Services to the world’s airport and airline industries, and have been doing so since 1989. We operate globally with headquarters in the UK and the USA, and offices in Canada, The Netherlands, Norway and Japan. We partner with airports and airlines of all sizes to manage, maintain, monitor and support business and mission critical IT systems.
ServiceTec International, Inc. is seeking qualified resumes for a customer-focused Genetec Video Management System Administrator to work with our customers at Denver International Airport. This is a large multi-network, multi-platform environment.
In this role, you will be providing service operation on-site 40hrs/week and on-call support of the systems at the direction of the local IT Manager. This is not an entry‐level position and prior video system administration experience is desired. Interaction with various team members and business stakeholders is frequent and superior customer service skills are required.
Our organization places a premium on customer service. We are looking for individuals that can be responsive, professional, trustworthy, and deliver performance that enhances our company's reputation each time they interact with the customer.
- Reporting to the Processing Systems Manager – the Genetec Video Management System Administrator is to provide overall system administration duties which may include architecting, engineering system additions and modifications, performing technical investigations, incident response and root cause analysis
- The ability to work independently as well as within groups is very desirable and the work environment is fast-paced and dynamic
- Sensitivity to accuracy, timeliness and professionalism in all areas of support activity is imperative
- Administration and Management knowledge: business and management principles involved in video system management
- Written/verbal communications skills and proven research ability
- Familiarity with electronic equipment, applications and experience in a virtualized environment may also be required
Technicians may also need strong communication skills because the position requires frequent interaction with clients. The incumbent must be able to diagnose computer problems, monitor computer processing systems, install software and perform tests on computer equipment and programs. Technicians may also be required to set up computer equipment and perform schedule maintenance.
Experience with Remote Desktop support and Command line is a plus.
- College diploma or university degree in the field of Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field and/or 3 years equivalent work experience
- ITIL Foundations training/qualifications advantageous
- Knowledge/Certification in the following systems is advantageous:
- Genetec Security Center Software training / certification
- Server/domain controller/storage array systems
- Desktops and PC hardware
- Installing/configuring printers
- PC Networks
- Microsoft Operating Systems
- A+, Net+, MCP, MCSE certifications preferred
- Performs preventative and regular maintenance on personal computers, peripherals and other equipment as required
- Perform diagnostic tests and troubleshooting to identify reported issues for quickly addressing common incidents to minimize downtime
- Carry out assessments to determine the need for changes in hardware/software configurations
- Perform procedures for resolving or preventing recurrence of a technical problem
- Operate and work with equipment such as computer diagnostic tools, printers etc.
- Perform scheduled maintenance on computer systems to ensure efficient operations
- Repair or replace faulty components of computers and allied hardware
- Maintain client applications and update firmware
- Attend educational programs, workshops to stay abreast with developments in the IT industry
- Assure the quantity and quality of the workflow by overseeing Information Technology technicians’ adherence to established methods and procedures
- Performs other duties as required
- Independent judgment for technical issues is critical and required routinely on a daily basis
- Ability to alter work schedule to include after hours and weekends if necessary
- Provides coverage for/ performs duties necessary to assure the authority’s normal operating schedule
- Working knowledge of Genetec Security Center Software and Configuration – Genetec training / certification preferred
- A thorough understanding of networking principles, vLANs, routing, and OSI modeling
- Administration and management knowledge: business and management principles involved in video system management
- Must be a self-motivated individual who can perform with minimal direction, using sound judgment and creativity in solving highly complex technical problems
- Must possess the ability to work in a stressful environment and use professional etiquette when dealing with authority personnel and outside vendors
- Understanding and working knowledge of TCP/IP and multicast technologies
- Working knowledge and understanding of Active Directory
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Experience and proficiency with the following applications and devices: Microsoft Windows 10, Microsoft Office suite, Adobe, smartphone devices, VPN, network printers (HP)
- Proven experience in the installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of system hardware, desktop support, airline ticketing systems and printers or equivalent systems and hardware
ServiceTec Airport International Services Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will comply with all applicable local, state and federal statutes concerning equal employment opportunity with regard to all employees whether full time, part time, casual, temporary, seasonal or contract.
The Company will not discriminate on grounds of sex, trans-gender status, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, civil partnership status, age, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, disability or on other grounds not prohibited by legislation.
This policy applies to the process of recruitment and selection (both internal and external), promotion, training, conditions of work, pay and benefits and to every other aspect of employment, including general treatment at work and the processes involved in the termination of employment.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
email@example.com with CV/resume and cover letter
1st August 2018
8500 Peña Blvd, Denver , CO, 80249, US