End User Computing Technician
Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport - Full Time
Join Our Team
ServiceTec International Services Inc. (SASI) specializes exclusively in the provision of Managed IT Services to the world’s airport and airline industries, and have been doing so since 1989. We operate globally with headquarters in the UK and the USA, and offices in Canada, The Netherlands, Norway and Japan. We partner with airports and airlines of all sizes to manage, maintain, monitor and support business and mission critical IT systems.
Position Title: End User Computing Technician
Report Line: MAC Director, IT Service
Ever wanted to know more about working at an airport? Here is your chance to find out as ServiceTec, the leading independent provider of managed IT services to the aviation industry has an opportunity for an End User Computing Technician to join our team at Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport. If you are looking for an exciting challenge whereby no two days are the same, then this position may be for you. Further information on this role is detailed below:
This is a full time, salaried, non-exempt position with great hours: M-F 40 hours a week. Salary and benefits information will be provided should you be selected for an Interview.
In this position, the successful applicant will be responsible for maintaining the integrity of all computer workstations and associated software and hardware within the MAC General Office, Field Maintenance, Trades, Airport Police and Fire Station buildings. The EUC tech will be expected to communicate and assist a variety of personnel with varying computer knowledge and skills. They will also be responsible for assisting executive level (white glove) personnel with speed, accuracy and professionalism.
ServiceTec is the world’s leading independent provider of managed IT services for airports and airlines. We have offered world-class support for IT systems at airports since 1989. With multiple bases in North America and Europe, we have an unsurpassed reputation for the maintenance and support of business-critical systems across the entire airport infrastructure.
Our genuinely outstanding level of service has been demonstrated by the systematic extension, re-award and expansion of multiple existing contracts with clients across North America and Europe. This unrivaled approach has enabled ServiceTec to achieve and maintain its objective of developing strong, sustained and beneficial partnerships with airports and airlines throughout the world.
ServiceTec is a people-oriented company. We value our employees, believing they should be treated fairly, with courtesy and respect.
We believe people work better when they feel supported and know that there is a team behind them. We nurture talent and our philosophy is to promote from within.
We consistently recognize those employees who go "above and beyond.”
- Assist personnel with installation, configuration and ongoing support of system hardware and software.
- Compliance with all SLAs, OLAs and any underpinning agreements. Reporting any potential for compliance failure to management for intervention as required.
- Offer daily operations and systems support to personnel.
- Verify functionality of hardware and software components.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues directly, remotely and via phone.
- Assist employees with computer problems and answer their questions.
- Communicate solutions, successes, and opportunities to the on-site management.
- Practice and ensure compliance with all of the organization’s policies and procedures.
- Provide individualized customer service of a high-standard to a professional level.
- Assist in providing additional support when workloads are high, or where additional experience is required.
- Collaborate to implement methodologies to improve problem resolution and manage customer perceptions while building strong interpersonal relationships.
- Converse with clients to understand their business needs, establish rapport and gather preliminary information surrounding client issue(s).
- Utilize internal tools and tracking system to document situation details.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to inspire, mentor, and support people.
- Possess skills needed to establish/ maintain good working relationships and communications with team members, executives, decision makers, stakeholders, department heads and end users regarding IS issues.
- Organized and methodical with the ability to plan and prioritize time-sensitive tasks.
- Remain calm under pressure. Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Ability to present technical jargon in a user-friendly language to non-technical stakeholders.
- Exceptional communication, customer service and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work on shift patterns when required which cover 365 days per year and possess access to reliable means of commuting to and from place of work.
- Actively participate in a collaborative team environment.
- Proven track record of successful customer service delivery within the IT sector.
- Basic knowledge of relevant LAN/WAN equipment.
Education and Qualifications:
- Technical college degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- ITIL training/certification preferred
- Self-motivated, solution driving thinker focused on achieving optimal results.
- Empathetic, enjoys working in a fast-paced multicultural environment.
- Focused and driven on providing best practices in service delivery.
- A team player with a positive attitude
Care of Equipment & Safety:
- Ensure Company equipment is used in alignment with Company policy and is in working condition. Report any missing damaged/ faulty items to Business Services Manager.
Function holder’s minimum physical attributes should include
- Independent mobility throughout work locations, ability to move unaided from one working level to another, ability to access, unaided, all installed equipment locations, including working at height, when required.
- Ability to negotiate security checkpoints and screening x-ray access points without assistance
- Visual acuity - ability to interpret and operate customer-owned computer screens and read/write relevant documentation, without the need for special accommodation (large print, Braille, voice assisted computer system, or dictation equipment).
- Ability to carry tools, test equipment and replacement equipment (up to 50lbs), independently and unaided.
- Ability to drive standard vehicles without any requirement for modified controls.
ServiceTec Airport International Services Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will comply with all applicable local, state and federal statutes concerning equal employment opportunity with regard to all employees whether full time, part time, casual, temporary, seasonal or contract.
The Company will not discriminate on grounds of sex, trans-gender status, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, civil partnership status, age, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, disability or on other grounds not prohibited by legislation.
This policy applies to the process of recruitment and selection (both internal and external), promotion, training, conditions of work, pay and benefits and to every other aspect of employment, including general treatment at work and the processes involved in the termination of employment.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Click here to apply
23rd July 2021
7150 Humphrey Drivr, Minneapolis, MN, 55450, US