Application Support Engineer
Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (DFW) - Full Time
Join Our Team
ServiceTec International Services Inc. (SASI) specializes exclusively in the provision of Managed IT Services to the world’s airport and airline industries, and have been doing so since 1989. We operate globally with headquarters in the UK and the USA, and offices in Canada, The Netherlands, Norway and Japan. We partner with airports and airlines of all sizes to manage, maintain, monitor and support business and mission critical IT systems.
Position Title: Application Support Engineer
FLSA Status and Hours:
This is a full time, Salaried, non-exempt position with great hours supporting work-life balance: Mon-Fri 8 am - 5 pm. (There will be an expectation that the successful candidate will undertake an element of overtime which is also detailed in our offer of employment. In addition, this position requires some overnight work). Salary and benefits information will be provided should you be selected for interview.
Ever wanted to know more about working at an airport? Here is your chance to find out as ServiceTec, the leading independent provider of managed IT services to the aviation industry has an opportunity for an Application Support Engineer to join our team at Dallas Fort Worth International Airport. If you are looking for an exciting challenge whereby no two days are the same, then this position may be for you. Further information on this role is detailed below:
ServiceTec is looking for an experienced, skilled, customer service-minded and professional Application Support Engineer
ServiceTec is the world’s leading independent provider of managed IT services for airports and airlines. We have offered world-class support for IT systems at airports since 1989. With multiple bases in North America and Europe, we have an unsurpassed reputation for the maintenance and support of business-critical systems across the entire airport infrastructure.
Our genuinely outstanding level of service has been demonstrated by the systematic extension, re-award and expansion of multiple existing contracts with clients across North America and Europe. This unrivalled approach has enabled ServiceTec to achieve and maintain its objective of developing strong, sustained and beneficial partnerships with airports and airlines throughout the world.
ServiceTec is a people-oriented company. We value our employees, believing they should be treated fairly, with courtesy and respect.
We believe people work better when they feel supported and know that there is a team behind them. We nurture talent and our philosophy is to promote from within.
We consistently recognize those employees who go "above and beyond.”
- Excellent healthcare benefits: Medical and Dental
- 401K including an employer match
- Paid time-off and sickness leave
- Paid Military Leave
The Application Support Engineer will be responsible for system administration duties of Passenger Processing Systems, perform support mission-critical enterprise applications by increasing user efficiency through development of custom programming, consulting with business units on enhancements to current systems, developing software documentation, managing comprehensive testing on all the development/enhancements and day to day support activities at DFW in meeting our contractual commitments as defined in the Statement of Work. The Engineer must be fully aware of all the functional provisions of the contract existing between Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport and ServiceTec International, Inc.
For immediate consideration, please send in your resume and cover letter, including salary expectations which will be treated in confidence.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Two (2) years of experience in a system server support role.
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the above.
- Strong understanding of Full Application Technology Stack.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft OS Products; Server 2012 and newer with knowledge of system services.
- Working knowledge of ethernet networking principles.
- Strong understanding of SQL Server and T-SQL.
- A functional understanding of programming languages.
- Technology: ability to understand, assess and implement new technology, techniques, and equipment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven research ability.
- General Computer Literacy: confident in using computers and software relevant to the industry including project management software such as MS Office Suite.
- Understanding of formal processes for change and release management including Change Requests, Standard Operating Procedures, etc.
- Familiarity with standard industry frameworks such as ITIL, PCI-DSS, NIST, etc.
- Proactively monitor and measure the performance and health of systems and servers in area of focus and responds accordingly when systems fail to meet desired metrics.
- Perform Incident Response, investigation, diagnostic activities and maintain logs to record and report incidents.
- Run end-to-end traces for applications issues when applicable.
- Prepare reports on an as-needed basis for compliance, change management, systems monitoring, and intrusion analysis.
- Participate in all phases of the system development life cycle as it relates to system additions and modifications; this includes design, testing, modifying new systems, and assisting with enterprise deployments.
- Creation of formal documentation and diagrams for systems administration, operations, and maintenance.
- Assist with the management of the systems' trouble ticketing queue, perform trouble ticket resolution or escalation in a timely fashion while meeting requires response times.
- Work with managers and leads to define business problems and configure software systems solutions.
- Participate in cross-functional teams to implement improved business solutions/business processes based on strategic plans.
- Develop new system and application implementation plans, custom scripts, and testing procedures to ensure operational reliability.
- Train technical staff in how to use new software and hardware developed and/or acquired.
- Maintain the system to industry or vendor specified standards including software release levels, patch level, and hardening requirements etc.
ServiceTec Airport International Services Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will comply with all applicable local, state and federal statutes concerning equal employment opportunity with regard to all employees whether full time, part time, casual, temporary, seasonal or contract.
The Company will not discriminate on grounds of sex, trans-gender status, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, civil partnership status, age, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, disability or on other grounds not prohibited by legislation.
This policy applies to the process of recruitment and selection (both internal and external), promotion, training, conditions of work, pay and benefits and to every other aspect of employment, including general treatment at work and the processes involved in the termination of employment.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
19th February 2020
2400 Aviation Dr, DFW Airport, Dallas, Texas, TX 75261, US