Airport Technical Support Technician
Chicago O'Hare Airport (ORD) - Part Time
Join Our Team
ServiceTec International Services Inc. (SASI) specializes exclusively in the provision of Managed IT Services to the world’s airport and airline industries, and have been doing so since 1989. We operate globally with headquarters in the UK and the USA, and offices in Canada, The Netherlands, Norway and Japan. We partner with airports and airlines of all sizes to manage, maintain, monitor and support business and mission critical IT systems.
Ever wanted to know more about working at an airport? Here is your chance to find out as ServiceTec, the leading independent provider of managed IT services to the aviation industry has an opportunity for an Airport Technical Support Technician to join our team at Chicago O'Hare Airport. If you are looking for an exciting challenge whereby no two days are the same, then this position may be for you. Further information on this role is detailed below:
We are currently seeking applicants for an Airport Technical Support Technician in Chicago, IL. The Individual selected for this role will provide on-call technical incident resolution and preventative maintenance of automated bag-drop/check-in hardware technology at Chicago O’Hare Airport. The individual selected for this role will undertake a maintenance visit once per week lasting 2-3 hours, where the technician will inspect and carryout preventative maintenance on hardware units to ensure they are fully functional for airline operations. Training on the support and maintenance of the units will be provided.
ServiceTec is the world’s leading independent provider of managed IT services for airports and airlines. We have offered world-class support for IT systems at airports since 1989. With multiple bases in North America and Europe, we have an unsurpassed reputation for the maintenance and support of business-critical systems across the entire airport infrastructure.
Our genuinely outstanding level of service has been demonstrated by the systematic extension, re-award and expansion of multiple existing contracts with clients across North America and Europe. This unrivaled approach has enabled ServiceTec to achieve and maintain its objective of developing strong, sustained and beneficial partnerships with airports and airlines throughout the world.
ServiceTec is a people-oriented company. We value our employees, believing they should be treated fairly, with courtesy and respect.
We believe people work better when they feel supported and know that there is a team behind them. We nurture talent and our philosophy is to promote from within.
We consistently recognize those employees who go "above and beyond.”
● Minimum knowledge of computer hardware and windows-based platforms.
● Possesses some knowledge of and diagnostic abilities with common hardware and software.
● Hardware Configuration: Familiar with desktop/laptop/tablet configuration and repair.
● Ability to independently analyze and solve routine computer related problems.
● Ability to read a variety of informational documentation, directions, instructions, methods and procedures, such as manuals, wiring diagrams, product documentation and related materials.
● Documented experience in superior customer service delivery.
● Personable and able to work independently.
● Able to establish and maintain good working relationships and communication with decision makers, stakeholders, department heads and end-users regarding pertinent network activities.
● Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
Education and Certification:
● High School Diploma and/or two (2) years of relevant experience.
● CompTIA A+, Network+ Preferred.
● Competent in hands on mechanical repairs
● Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills.
● Ability to prioritize and execute tasks on time.
● Self-motivated and self-directed.
● Able to lift up to 50lbs if required.
● Keen attention to details.
● Strong customer service orientation.
● Friendly and personable.
● Valid driver's license.
ServiceTec Airport International Services Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will comply with all applicable local, state and federal statutes concerning equal employment opportunity with regard to all employees whether full time, part time, casual, temporary, seasonal or contract.
The Company will not discriminate on grounds of sex, trans-gender status, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, civil partnership status, age, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, disability or on other grounds not prohibited by legislation.
This policy applies to the process of recruitment and selection (both internal and external), promotion, training, conditions of work, pay and benefits and to every other aspect of employment, including general treatment at work and the processes involved in the termination of employment.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Click here to apply
16th June 2020
10000 W O'Hare Ave, Chicago, IL, 60666, US