Airport Systems Support Technician – Part Time
Dallas Fort Worth International Airport - Part Time
Join Our Team
ServiceTec International Services Inc. (SASI) specializes exclusively in the provision of Managed IT Services to the world’s airport and airline industries, and have been doing so since 1989. We operate globally with headquarters in the UK and the USA, and offices in Canada, The Netherlands, Norway and Japan. We partner with airports and airlines of all sizes to manage, maintain, monitor and support business and mission critical IT systems.
Position Title: Airport Systems Support Technician – Part Time
Ever wanted to know more about working at an airport? Here is your chance to find out as ServiceTec, the leading independent provider of managed IT services to the aviation industry has an opportunity for an Airport Systems Support Technician – Part Time, to join our team at Dallas Fort Worth International Airport. If you are looking for an exciting challenge whereby no two days are the same, then this position may be for you. Further information on this role is detailed below:
FLSA Status and Hours:
We are hiring for permanent part time basis. Salary information will be provided should you be selected for an interview.
Responsible for customer/airline system maintenance/support activities in meeting ServiceTec’s contractual commitments as defined in the Statement of Work. Visit the site on a consistent and biweekly basis to conduct maintenance activities. On-call for any incidents which may occur, responding to site to troubleshoot issue within the established SLA. Escalate incidents as required. Submit activity form as a result of completed activities.
ServiceTec is the world’s leading independent provider of managed IT services for airports and airlines. We have offered world-class support for IT systems at airports since 1989. With multiple bases in North America and Europe, we have an unsurpassed reputation for the maintenance and support of business-critical systems across the entire airport infrastructure.
Our genuinely outstanding level of service has been demonstrated by the systematic extension, re-award and expansion of multiple existing contracts with clients across North America and Europe. This unrivaled approach has enabled ServiceTec to achieve and maintain its objective of developing strong, sustained and beneficial partnerships with airports and airlines throughout the world.
ServiceTec is a people-oriented company. We value our employees, believing they should be treated fairly, with courtesy and respect.
We believe people work better when they feel supported and know that there is a team behind them. We nurture talent and our philosophy is to promote from within.
We consistently recognize those employees who go "above and beyond.”
Responsibilities - Service Delivery:
- Preventative Maintenance: Agree a day of the week when a weekly maintenance visit is to be conducted. Maintain a consistent presence for that day and preform maintenance as customer requirements and training. Report on maintenance activities immediately following each site visit and for incidents received by way of ServiceTec web portal.
- Employee Presentation: Be at all times well presented in line with the Company dress code and conduct yourself in a proper manner. Telephone manner is as important as direct contact.
- Customer/User/System Provider Interface: Ensure excellent relationships are generated and maintained, particularly a personal relationship is generated with customer and user personnel.
- Communication Devices and Procedures: Ensure communication devices are working correctly and procedures for use are being adhered to. Ensure the communication devices provided are only used for their intended business purposes and are not subjected to misuse or abuse of any kind.
- Resource Availability: Report any requests for absence in good time and in line with Company and local Management procedures. Report any unexpected absence to your direct report as soon as it is known and not less than an hour prior to your duty commencing to allow for rescheduling.
- Reporting: Ensure that your direct report is aware of any unusual events that may have an adverse impact on service delivery or the Company’s reputation. Ensure escalation procedures are adhered to.
- Personnel Reporting: Submit Time Sheets, Expense claims and all other forms are correctly completed and within any stated company deadlines.
- Site Reporting: Correctly complete and maintain the records for the site. All records are to be completed before the shift finishes its work period.
- The following is a minimum list of records to be maintained;
- PM Activity Log
- Incident Activity Log
- Minimum knowledge of computer hardware and windows-based platforms.
- Possesses some knowledge of and diagnostic abilities with common hardware and software.
- Hardware Configuration: Familiar with desktop/laptop/tablet configuration and repair.
- Ability to independently analyze and solve routine computer related problems. Ability to read a variety of informational documentation, directions, instructions, methods and procedures, such as manuals, wiring diagrams, product documentation and related materials.
Function holder’s minimum physical attributes should include:
- Independent mobility throughout work locations; ability to move unaided from one working level to another, ability to access, unaided, all installed equipment locations, including working at height when required. Ability to negotiate security checkpoints and screening x/ray access points without assistance.
- Visual acuity - ability to interpret and operate customer-owned computer screens and read/write relevant documentation, without the need for special accommodation (large print, Braille, voice assisted computer system, or dictation equipment).
- Ability to carry tools, test equipment and replacement equipment (up to 50lbs), independently and unaided.
The Airport Systems Support Technician may from time to time be requested to perform other duties in line with the changing requirements of the Company’s business.
ServiceTec Airport International Services Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will comply with all applicable local, state and federal statutes concerning equal employment opportunity with regard to all employees whether full time, part time, casual, temporary, seasonal or contract.
The Company will not discriminate on grounds of sex, trans-gender status, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, civil partnership status, age, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, disability or on other grounds not prohibited by legislation.
This policy applies to the process of recruitment and selection (both internal and external), promotion, training, conditions of work, pay and benefits and to every other aspect of employment, including general treatment at work and the processes involved in the termination of employment.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Click here to apply
22nd September 2021
2400 Aviation Dr. , Dallas, TX, 75261, US