Airport Systems Support Technician – Level 2
Nashville International Airport - Full Time
Position Title: Airport Systems Support Technician – Level 2
Report Line: Operations Support Manager/MNAA Site Manager
Ever wanted to know more about working at an airport? Here is your chance to find out as ServiceTec, the leading independent provider of managed IT services to the aviation industry has an opportunity for an Airport Systems Support Technician – Level 2 to join our team at Nashville International Airport. If you are looking for an exciting challenge whereby no two days are the same, then this position may be for you. Further information on this role is detailed below:
This is a full time, Salaried, non-exempt shift: Rotational Shift Schedule and there will be an element of on-call duty after your normal work hours. The successful candidate will undertake an element of overtime which is detailed in our offer of employment. Salary and benefits information will be provided should you be selected for interview.
Responsible for the Common Use Day to day activities at Nashville International Airport in meeting its contractual commitments as defined in the Statement of Work. The Airport Systems Support Technician II must be fully aware of all functional provisions of the Contract existing between BNA Airport Authority and ServiceTec. This role will also assist BNA IT Management team with internal projects.
Report to and ensure that the Operations Support Manager is aware of any unusual events that may have an adverse impact on service delivery or the Company’s reputation. Ensure that escalation procedures are properly adhered to.
Promote and ensure that ServiceTec’s “culture of service” is maintained and adhered to at all times.
Is Responsible for maintaining and updating the BNA Site Portal with oversight by the Operations Support Manager.
ServiceTec is the world’s leading independent provider of managed IT services for airports and airlines. We have offered world-class support for IT systems at airports since 1989. With multiple bases in North America and Europe, we have an unsurpassed reputation for the maintenance and support of business-critical systems across the entire airport infrastructure.
Our genuinely outstanding level of service has been demonstrated by the systematic extension, re-award and expansion of multiple existing contracts with clients across North America and Europe. This unrivaled approach has enabled ServiceTec to achieve and maintain its objective of developing strong, sustained and beneficial partnerships with airports and airlines throughout the world.
ServiceTec is a people-oriented company. We value our employees, believing they should be treated fairly, with courtesy and respect.
We believe people work better when they feel supported and know that there is a team behind them. We nurture talent and our philosophy is to promote from within.
We consistently recognize those employees who go "above and beyond.”
- Response and Fix Times: Must be aware of the stated response and fix times for the current contract. Action trouble ticket calls and monitors their progress to ensure that stated times are met or exceeded. Ensure that correct work procedures are adhered to.
- Preventative Maintenance: Ensure that P.M. Schedules are correctly completed and reported.
- Employee Presentation: Be at all times well presented in line with company dress code and conduct themselves in a proper manner. Telephone manner is as important as direct contact.
- Maintain Stock: Ensure that spares, parts and consumable stocks are used correctly, report shortages, low levels, deficiencies or extra requirements to the BNA Manager responsible. Ensure that items requiring repair are correctly documented and packed ready for transport to the repair provider without undue delay or escalated to the Amadeus Level 3 support team.
- Customer/User/System Provider Interface: Ensure that excellent relations are generated and maintained and particularly that a personal relationship is generated with customer and user personnel.
- Communication Devices and Procedures: Ensure that communication devices are working correctly and procedures for use are being adhered to. Ensure that the communication devices provided are only used for their intended business purposes and are not subjected to misuse or abuse of any kind.
- Resource Availability: Report any requests for absence in good time and in line with Company and local Management procedures.
- Meeting Attendance: Support Technicians will only attend Customer meetings as directed by local Management. Any request from the Customer to the Support Technician for a meeting must be approved by local Management or higher authority prior to that meeting taking place.
- Reporting: Ensure that both ServiceTec and BNA management are aware of any unusual events that may have an adverse impact on service delivery or the company reputation. Ensure that escalation procedures are adhered to.
- Shift work: Subject to change, must be available for call back and during inclement weather times.
- Technology: Must stay current with IT technologies (Hardware and Software).
- Perform other tasks as directed by MNAA/ServiceTec. Site Reporting: Correctly complete and maintain the records for the site. All records are to be completed before the shift finishes its work period.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or computer technology related field or minimum of 3-5 years in desktop support with preference given to individuals who have experience with networking, including LAN technologies, Wireless LAN and Wireless Wide Area Networking.
- Knowledge of these technologies: Microsoft Office 2007, PDAs, multi-function printers, Windows Server 2008, Exchange Server 2007, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, File/Print Services, Spam/Virus Protection
- Certified in at least one of the following areas: A+, Net+ or equivalent as deemed acceptable by MNAA and ServiceTec.
- Dress appropriately for the setting and duties to be performed. In all cases, dress and personal grooming shall comply with the standards set by MNAA.
- Must be customer focused and willing to go the extra mile to satisfy the needs of the customer.
- Be diplomatic, and understand that as part of the support staff, you may be subject to verbal abuse from customers. You must remain professional in these cases.
- Maintain up to date knowledge within your technical field. Provide innovative solutions for problems to increase your value to the client.
Function holder’s minimum physical attributes should include:
- Independent mobility throughout work locations, and ability to move unaided from one working level to another, ability to access, unaided, all installed equipment locations, including working at height, when required.
- Ability to negotiate security checkpoints and screening x/ray access points without assistance.
- Visual acuity - ability to interpret and operate customer-owned computer screens and read/write relevant documentation, without the need for special accommodation (large print, Braille, voice assisted computer system, or dictation equipment). Basic knowledge of relevant LAN/WAN equipment.
- Ability to carry tools, test equipment and replacement equipment (up to 50lbs), independently and unaided.
- Ability to drive standard vehicles without any requirement for modified controls.
Care of Equipment & Safety:
- Must ensure that all MNAA equipment issued to him/her is used correctly and safely, is complete and is in working condition. Report any missing damaged or faulty items to your MNAA supervisor and your ServiceTec supervisor.