Airport System Support Technician – Level 2
Nashville International Airport (BNA) - Full Time
Join Our Team
ServiceTec International Services Inc. (SASI) specializes exclusively in the provision of Managed IT Services to the world’s airport and airline industries, and have been doing so since 1989. We operate globally with headquarters in the UK and the USA, and offices in Canada, The Netherlands, Norway and Japan. We partner with airports and airlines of all sizes to manage, maintain, monitor and support business and mission critical IT systems.
Position Title: Airport System Support Technician – Level 2
FLSA Status and Hours:
This is a full time, Salaried, non-exempt shift position which will include morning and evening shifts and there will be an element of on-call duty after your normal work hours. The successful candidate will undertake an element of overtime which is detailed in our offer of employment. Salary and benefits information will be provided should you be selected for interview.
Ever wanted to know more about working at an airport? Here is your chance to find out as ServiceTec, the leading independent provider of managed IT services to the aviation industry has an opportunity for an Airport System Support Technician – Level 2 to join our team at Nashville International Airport. If you are looking for an exciting challenge whereby no two days are the same, then this position may be for you. Further information on this role is detailed below:
ServiceTec is looking for an experienced, skilled, customer service-minded and professional Airport System Support Technician.
ServiceTec is the world’s leading independent provider of managed IT services for airports and airlines. We have offered world-class support for IT systems at airports since1989. With multiple bases in North America and Europe, we have an unsurpassed reputation for the maintenance and support of business-critical systems across the entire airport infrastructure.
Our genuinely outstanding level of service has been demonstrated by the systematic extension, re-award and expansion of multiple existing contracts with clients across North America and Europe. This unrivalled approach has enabled ServiceTec to achieve and maintain its objective of developing strong, sustained and beneficial partnerships with airports and airlines throughout the world.
ServiceTec is a people-oriented company. We value our employees, believing they should be treated fairly, with courtesy and respect.
We believe people work better when they feel supported and know that there is a team behind them. We nurture talent and our philosophy is to promote from within.
We consistently recognize those employees who go "above and beyond.”
- Excellent healthcare benefits: Medical and Dental
- 401K including an employer match
- Paid time-off and sickness leave
- Paid Military Leave
The main responsibilities of the Airport Systems Support Technician II is to support the Airport buildings, to be able to respond to any incident request(s) from that terminal as well as conduct proactive support and preventative maintenance of the equipment. They are to support the Common use equipment as a Level 1 and Level 2 technician and escalate when appropriate for the purposes of the support team. Technician(s) may also be assigned to operate at other locations for project or repair related tasks if necessary. All technicians hold the necessary security clearances to work in areas of the airport where IT systems are located. All staff are familiar with site safety and security measures. For day-to-day work activity, the Airport Systems Support Technician – Level 2 will report directly to the assigned Airport Manager on duty. They will also share on-call duties with all technicians.
General responsibilities of the position include, but not limited to the following:-
- Install, upgrades, monitor, and troubleshoot issues with the Common Use System, including but not limited to client computers, peripherals associated and network connectivity.
- Provide both Tier 1 and 2 support for district employees, passenger-facing technologies, and airport-provided tenant systems.
- Install and maintain software patches and upgrades where required, in conjunction with assigned Airport System Administrator.
- Maintain an inventory of equipment and parts as well as documentation of vendor activities. Interface with outsourced IT and Network vendors as required.
- Receive incoming IT-related telephone calls and visitors, answer questions as appropriate and/or direct them to the appropriate party.
- Work on multiple projects and tasks both individually and in a project team environment.
- Keep up-to-date of advancing technology with regards to computer networking, hardware, and software while focusing on airport needs to maximize system capability and potential.
- Monitor supplies and paper stock of Airport Systems for airlines.
- Provide FIDS, GIDS, BIDS, and EASE as well as IED paging hardware and software troubleshooting and support.
- Require to work in shifts as deemed necessary by the Airport Manager.
- Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of the assigned Airport Manager, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
- Assist the Internal support IT Team as directed by the assigned Airport Manager.
- High School Diploma and four (4) years of relevant experience, or
- An Associates or higher degree from an accredited college of university in data processing/information systems preferred.
- CompTIA A+, Network +
- MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional).
- Additional IT Certification(s) that distinguishes skill set on security, Cisco, VMware.
- This position requires skills in prioritization, organization, verbal communications and interpersonal relations and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must work well in a team environment with limited instruction/supervision.
- Ability to write reports, speak with and before others with poise, voice control and confidence.
- Must be able to learn and understand complex principles and techniques; to make independent judgements in absence of supervision, and to acquire knowledge of topics related to primary occupation.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality to perform work with a positive attitude and in a professional manner at all times.
- Strong analytical and reporting skills.
- Must be able to pass an employment background check, a Security Threat Assessment, and FBI fingerprint-based criminal history record check as a part of an Airport badging process.
- Need to be at least 18 with two forms of current valid government-issued identification.
- Must complete security training within 30 days after receiving the background clearance.
- Must be able to complete and pass drug screening as required by MNAA.
- Must possess a valid Sate Driver’s License.
- Independent mobility throughout work locations, and ability to move unaided from one working level to another, ability to access, unaided, all installed equipment locations, including working at height, when required.
- Ability to negotiate security checkpoints and screening x/ray access points without assistance.
- Visual Acuity: Ability to interpret and operate customer-owned computer screens and read/write relevant documentation, without the need for special accommodation (large print, braille, voice-assisted computer system or dictation equipment).
- Ability to carry tools, test equipment and replacement equipment (up to 50 lbs.), independently and unaided.
- Ability to drive standard vehicles without any requirement for modified controls.
- Attentiveness to work procedure will reduce the potential risk of injury in work areas.
- Will be subject to recall after normal duty hours.
- Work schedules/hours of work and days off may be changed at any time at the discretion of the supervisor. The Airport operates on a 24 hrs. x 7 days per week x 365 days of the year.
- A candidate specializing in Microsoft administration and support is preferred for this position.
- Two (2) to four (4) years of progressively responsible experience as a computer/network specialist or end-user support technician. Certifications may be used for partial substitution of education or experience requirements at the discretion of management.
- Possess an excellent knowledge of and diagnostic abilities with common hardware, software, and networking technologies associated with the Microsoft Windows environment including but not limited to:
- Microsoft Active Directory in a Windows Server 2008 (or higher) environment.
- DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, and other related services and protocols.
- File sharing and permissions.
- Printing and electronic document services.
- Basic multimedia applications and technologies.
- Familiar with LAN/WAN topologies, server documentation and maintenance of backups and security procedures.
- Hardware configuration: Familiar with desktop/laptop configuration and repair, server maintenance and troubleshooting, upgrading hardware components (servers and desktop units), network printer configuration. Installation and configuration of other peripherals and software.
- Thoroughly familiar with FIDS, GIDS, BIDS, EASE, and IED paging hardware and software.
- Ability to independently analyze and solve routine computer-related problems.
- Ability to read a variety of informational documentation, directions, instructions, methods and procedures such as technical manuals, software manuals, wiring diagrams, blueprints, product documentation, and related materials
- Working knowledge of VMware technology.
ServiceTec Airport International Services Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will comply with all applicable local, state and federal statutes concerning equal employment opportunity with regard to all employees whether full time, part time, casual, temporary, seasonal or contract.
The Company will not discriminate on grounds of sex, trans-gender status, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, civil partnership status, age, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, disability or on other grounds not prohibited by legislation.
This policy applies to the process of recruitment and selection (both internal and external), promotion, training, conditions of work, pay and benefits and to every other aspect of employment, including general treatment at work and the processes involved in the termination of employment.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Click here to apply
26th February 2020
1 Terminal Dr, Nashville, TN, 37214, US