Administrative Assistant – Part Time
Reston, VA Office - Part Time
Join Our Team
ServiceTec International Services Inc. (SASI) specializes exclusively in the provision of Managed IT Services to the world’s airport and airline industries, and have been doing so since 1989. We operate globally with headquarters in the UK and the USA, and offices in Canada, The Netherlands, Norway and Japan. We partner with airports and airlines of all sizes to manage, maintain, monitor and support business and mission critical IT systems.
Position Title: Administrative Assistant – Part Time
Report Line: Operations Service Manager
Ever wanted to know more about working at an airport? Here is your chance to find out as ServiceTec, the leading independent provider of managed IT services to the aviation industry has an opportunity for an Administrative Assistant – Part Time, to join our team at our Reston, VA office. If you are looking for an exciting challenge whereby no two days are the same, then this position may be for you. Further information on this role is detailed below:
This is a fixed term part time job: Monday to Friday 10am to either 2pm or 3pm, based in the Reston office. Given the nature of the job, there is no possibility of working from home. The term of the job is from Monday Nov 1st, 2021 provisionally to Fri Feb 25th, 2022. The company may extend this term at its discretion. During the term of the job, the office intends to move from Reston to Herndon (~ 3 miles away).
The main part of the job is to process paperwork that is part of the accounts department of the company. This includes opening the daily incoming mail, writing and mailing checks payable, banking checks received, scanning documents, checking employees' expense claims, filing processed paperwork, proof-reading sales invoices and preparing the occasional state information return.
Other aspects of the role are: to liaise with customers, suppliers and employees by email and by telephone to resolve any queries arising; to contribute to running the office, including being the main receptionist of the office, to meet and greet visitors and to prepare coffees, water etc for visitors; to assist the office manager with archiving and filing, and, occasionally, to assist in the procurement of staff uniforms. The ideal candidate will be personable, with a good sense of humor. A self-starter, able to focus on the tasks required.
On occasion, the office might have only one other person working there and it will be very quiet.
ServiceTec is the world’s leading independent provider of managed IT services for airports and airlines. We have offered world-class support for IT systems at airports since 1989. With multiple bases in North America and Europe, we have an unsurpassed reputation for the maintenance and support of business-critical systems across the entire airport infrastructure.
Our genuinely outstanding level of service has been demonstrated by the systematic extension, re-award and expansion of multiple existing contracts with clients across North America and Europe. This unrivaled approach has enabled ServiceTec to achieve and maintain its objective of developing strong, sustained and beneficial partnerships with airports and airlines throughout the world.
ServiceTec is a people-oriented company. We value our employees, believing they should be treated fairly, with courtesy and respect.
We believe people work better when they feel supported and know that there is a team behind them. We nurture talent and our philosophy is to promote from within.
We consistently recognize those employees who go "above and beyond.”
- To support the Finance Service deliver its service to North America Region.
- To support the Finance Service control, maintain and file its paper records.
- To support the NA Office Manager in paper handling tasks related to the office environment (shredding, filing, boxing, labelling).
- To support the transition of the Finance Service to a substantially paperless operation.
- To receive, sort, and distribute incoming mail to the relevant employee, and to collate the office’s outgoing mail for collection by USPS, or for delivery to the post office, as and when required under guidance of the NA Office Manager.
- To be visible point of contact for any visitor to the office.
- To receive and to scan and deport all checks received from customers to the bank.
- To verify employee expense claims, as part of the expense claim verification process.
- To proof-read sales invoices for general errors and for agreement to any backing schedules to accompany the sales invoice.
- To file incoming hardcopy mail into a hardcopy filing structure that is accessible to the Executive Vice President of the Americas (filing assumed by supplier name, in date order).
- To liaise with customers where their payment to us is late.
- To assist the Director of Finance with the filing of mandatory government returns, including confirmation statements and sales tax returns, from time to time directed by the Director of Finance.
- To liaise with government agencies regarding any matter arising, under direction from the Director of Finance.
- To attend virtually briefings of the Finance Service to plan the weeks ahead.
- To assist the NA Office Manager in keeping the kitchen clean and tidy (order and maintain kitchen supplies as needed)
- Other duties as assigned or needed.
- High school diploma with proven experience with benefits, finance, payroll, and office administration.
- Ability to react calmly and patiently to circumstances arising, where other staff in the Company might appear to react over-emotionally. This reaction comes from the nature of the Company’s service to its customers. The service departments of Finance and HR need to be calm in the storm.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, to liaise with employees, customers and suppliers when required.
- Ability to develop a routine, whilst still responding to occasional urgent demands where the company needs it (under direction of the Director of Finance).
- Ability to receive feedback about performance quickly and change working habits to meet the interests of other colleagues (under direction of the Director of Finance).
- Regular and reliable daily attendance at the office.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Experience of using email software (e.g., Gmail, Outlook).
- Experience of using Microsoft Windows and Windows Explorer.
- Experience of using Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Experience of planning workload to meet future deadlines.
- Attention to detail (e.g., proof-reading), in both words and numbers.
- Confident numeracy skills.
- Full driving licence essential.
ServiceTec Airport International Services Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will comply with all applicable local, state and federal statutes concerning equal employment opportunity with regard to all employees whether full time, part time, casual, temporary, seasonal or contract.
The Company will not discriminate on grounds of sex, trans-gender status, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, civil partnership status, age, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, disability or on other grounds not prohibited by legislation.
This policy applies to the process of recruitment and selection (both internal and external), promotion, training, conditions of work, pay and benefits and to every other aspect of employment, including general treatment at work and the processes involved in the termination of employment.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Click here to apply
27th October 2021
12007 Sunrise Valley Drive, Suite #355, Reston, VA, 20191, US